Tire Question

Hey guys I am needing a new tire soon and was wanting some feedback. I'm in Northern Ca, and was wandering what other fellow TTR's are running up here? I currently have a Dunlop 756, and have always had good luck with them in the past but the 450 seems to it them for breakfast. I was thinking about a Dunlop 739 or a Maxxis IT. The 756 is more for soft terrain, but you guys in Nor Cal know how little rain we get sometimes. I ride mostly trails and not much motocross. So give me your feedback as I need a tire soon. :)

Maxxis IT. :)

The longest wearing tire I have seen is the Michelin MH2.

Hooks up great in all conditions and does not 'chunk' when ridden in rocky conditions. For trail riding I cant think of a better tire.

As a former die hard Dunlop AT buyer I was a huge skeptic but my local dealer talked me into trying an IRC M5B (I think) and the tire has been awesome!!!! It hooks up in every type of terrain!!

I second the michelin for wear, this has been the best tire for me .

for traction and wear.

hope this helps

steve t.

I have yet to try a MH2. I almost bought one last time but the price was a lot more than the Maxxis I get for $48 OTD.

I run the Michelin S12 during the winter months (lots of mud, frozen ground, and Rocks), and i run the M12 in the summer (dryer conditions, still lots of rocks).

Both have better life than the Dunlops and i am a die-hard dunlop guy when it comes to Street or track day riding, but the Michelin products are great. I haven't had a chance to try the Maxxis yet, but plan to this year sometime.

http://www.accwhse.com/michelin.htm $57 + shipping, not too bad.

I buy from a local dealer that will install for free if I buy through him.

I dont know what your local shops are like but I get a kick out of hearing how much they charge to mount tires if you buy elsewhere.

Honda Dealer: $30 to mount

Suzuki Dealer: $45 to mount

If I could talk Walmart into doing it for me, I wonder if I would get roadside assistance for $1.86 extra?? :)

[i dont know what your local shops are like but I get a kick out of hearing how much they charge to mount tires if you buy elsewhere.

Honda Dealer: $30 to mount

Suzuki Dealer: $45 to mount

YIKES! I guess it has been many years since I've asked a shop to change a tire for me, so didn't realize that the prices went up so much. There is a local parts guy that does it free if you buy the tire from him though. I may take him up on it for the next tire, these 19" low profile/stiffer side wall tires are a bear.

Oh come on now guys with all the talk on tires in the past, I only get a few responses. Give me some feedback. :)

Maxxis IT

Rode a 25 mile loop on Saturday and raced in some nasty rocky stuff yesterday and the thing looks brand new...literally. I used to run a 739 and would get 5 rides out of it before it was chucnked and toast. The IT looks like it will go 10 weekends at this point.

I had the stock 756 on until I blew it last weekend and went to a 739...great front tire for rocky terrain.

I like the 756, but like the M12 rear much better. The Michelins are much harder to mount due to their shorter sidewall IMO, but it's worth it. After trying a Maxxis I think I'd have to get them free to run them. The rear is tolerable, the front is spooky.

What didn't you like about the rear Elvis? Remember now, his question was for primarily off-road, not motocross.