Oil filter

who has the cheapest one? 5.00 for the K&N is the cheapest I've found

OOPS, I found them cheaper.

$2.49 each

go to http://www.cyclegear.com and in the keyword search type in Hiflofiltro

the Part # is HF115 :)

That guy on ebay must be makin a killin at that price.

OOPS, I found them cheaper.

$2.49 each

go to http://www.cyclegear.com and in the keyword search type in Hiflofiltro

the Part # is HF115 :)

That guy on ebay must be makin a killin at that price.

Those Hi Flo filters are great, I get them at a local shop for $3 each...they look and feel like OEM...it's all I use.

The shipping is cheap at that www.cyclegear.com too. I bought 10 of them $2.50 each and the shipping was only $6 for UPS. Bad thing is if you only buy 1 the shipping is still $6. Good Deal :)

Just ordered 10 of them...thanks for the link, great price!

I guarantee they are scratching their heads at cyclegear wondering why in the hell they just sold 500 oil filters today.

Just ordered 10 of them...thanks for the link, great price!

So did I. Thanks for the information. :)

I guarantee they are scratching their heads at cyclegear wondering why in the hell they just sold 500 oil filters today.

Hahahahaha..... :)

I tried that cycle gear link but it says they don't have the filter for my CRF250 or my 04 YZF250 . I'd order the part # hf115 but I'd like to get both at the same time.

I dont know much about Yamahas.. but the cross reference for the YZF450 part # is HF141

I went to http://www.hiflofiltro.com/ and navigated thru their site to find that part # :)

thanks for the skinny I ordered 20 good deal That 520 total today for them.

now i have to hide them or tell my wife they r for her new caddy :)

Thanks guys, that is a great price even tho the yzf was $3.99. I ordered a dozen, are they good filters?

Why dont you buy a scotts stainless for 65.00 and reuse your filters????? :)

Second that on the SS filter!!! :)

And you guys wonder why the Green guys are out to get us.

That'll be 520 oil drenched filters in the landfill. Believe me I'm a tight wad ($69 for the thing wasn't easy to part with) but I also like the wildlife and scenery when I ride.

Just my .02 worth. By the way when I rebuilt the Camaro ('95) I put a SS filter on that also.

Why dont you buy a scotts stainless for 65.00 and reuse your filters????? :)

$65 is alot, for $32 shipped I get 10 filters that will last me for 30 oil changes, yes 30... and paper elements trap smaller particles than any SS filter, that is a fact. It's all personal preference I guess. :D

Second that on the SS filter!!! :)

That'll be 520 oil drenched filters in the landfill. Believe me I'm a tight wad ($69 for the thing wasn't easy to part with) but I also like the wildlife and scenery when I ride.

Just my .02 worth. By the way when I rebuilt the Camaro ('95) I put a SS filter on that also.

I would hate to think what you do with you almost empty plastic oil quarts, they do have a little bit of oil in them. I almost got the SS but I figured it one more pain in the ass to clean air filter is enough. My oil does not end up in an land fill I re-use it. Along with my 4 gals of oil from my diesel truck. I'm clearing 5 acres of my land for my own track, and I dump it on my burn piles with a good dose of Diesel then start it burning. :D I'm sure I'm helping to keep the tree huggers busy

If any one needs fire wood I have plenty-free u-hual!

That'll be 520 oil drenched filters in the landfill.

If the filter is disposed of PROPERLY, it gets sent to a reclamation center, where the filter is completely crushed under high pressure to "squeeze" the oil out. The old is then cleaned up and filtered, additives added back in, repackaged and you see it as "golden star oil" and crap like that for 79 cents in convenience stores :D :D Some of the old oil is used for lubricants like "chainsaw oil" or "general purpose lubricant", etc. The crushed filters are then recycled for the metals, papers, etc.

Of course, alot of people toss them in the trash and yes, they probably DO end up in a landfill. This is actually ILLEGAL to do in some places...I take my old filters to work (or my buds work) and they go in with the used car oil filters to be picked up by a reclamation company :)

I will stick with paper also.

It takes solvents to clean the SS oil filters, which is extra $$ and extra waste. 1 quart of gas to clean a SS filter isnt helping the environment. If you say you use soap and water to clean your SS filter, then you are definately hurting the environment, because you cant recycle the oil laden soapy water.

SS filters are not proven to be a better filtering media either. Until someone does an oil analysis, I do not trust that it is a better filter.

There is also no way of knowing if you actually got the SS filter clean or not.

Maybe you don't know but the plastic oil bottles are recyclable (#2). The EPA allows a 2% minimum residual "leftover" for the recyclers on any giving product!

Why do you need to pour diesel fuel on the brush/trees? Won't they catch fire naturally? Is the VA wood that crappy?

Most landfills (quote "Most") have hazardous chemical areas set aside to handle everything from flourescent bulbs to the "I don't know whats in this can". Try to spend a little time and get to know your dump and recyclers in your area, it might surprise you how far they've come. Another use for that used oil (chainsaw/weed wacker mix/etc.). :)