Thanks, TT...

At 41, I finally got my first dirtbike.  Found a nice 2002 WR250F that just happened to have a CA plate.  Bought it, had no trouble transferring title.  Doesn't have any blinkers, etc. just the headlight, taillight.  I really bought it before doing any homework, and didn't know anything about them.  Thankfully, after spending some time, okay, lots of time, reading TT, I think this bike will be perfect for what I want. 

Found a awesome dude in on CL selling a complete set of gear, and got it for $200 which was nice, after I spend a lot on the bike.  Managed to crash it already(only had the bike for a couple weeks), and remember, never ridden a dirtbike before.  Probably should not have tried it, but went up a long steep rutted hill with lots of loose rock and dirt.  At a slight turn in the hill, there was a small rock ledge, and I didn't have enough speed, got back to far and the bike came up and to the right.  I was able to fall far enough away that it didn't land on me, but the bike hit hard enough to bend the rear brake lever and crack the clutch cover on a rock.  Oh well, live and learn.

Anyway, this sport is so much fun and I wanted to thank all the contributors on this great site! 

Mark

• Like 3

I quit once, around 1980, and did not ride for about six years. I had my complete life immersed in bikes, my collection was over 30 at the time. All I did was motorcycle related and I got burnt out. Now, I am involved as a 'gentleman dabbler' and find it pleasurable every time.

Beezer, I figured you quit ever night when you went to sleep and chose to give it another shot every day when you woke....