Jump to content

2009 Beta 525 mods?.. other stuff to put on?

Recommended Posts

This is referenced in some earlier Beta threads. Same motor of course.. but this is exactly what I didn’t want in my Beta. I wanted a bike that works good for enduro.. not an mx bike.. but for those who like. 

 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mark-us-B said:

Wow, Plastics & Rad's, nice to see there are options for the older girls! 

Yea so few were brought in so it is nice. The other great thing is the ktm rfs motor which is easy to get parts for everywhere.

The original plastics on 2009 are super good. Those are stronger than what you can get now. Problem is the graphics don’t want to stay on the plastic. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mark-us-B said:

Wow, Plastics & Rad's, nice to see there are options for the older girls! 

You know its funny, in the Japanese world 10 years old bike is like nothing/no issue for the availability of parts, yet in the infancy of Beta's the first Gen bikes, which I drooled over when new, 10 years is like 20 years in Japanese world. Sad really...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mark-us-B said:

You know its funny, in the Japanese world 10 years old bike is like nothing/no issue for the availability of parts, yet in the infancy of Beta's the first Gen bikes, which I drooled over when new, 10 years is like 20 years in Japanese world. Sad really...

Beta has grown so fast and the beginning first Betas has had so few brought in. Good thing still is beta still changes steady slowly compared to other brands.  The first gen 2005 to 2009 had like 300 or so brought in a year from what was mentioned in 09 when I got my 09’ 525 rs .Beta is also still really an exotic too.. an exotic on steroids. There aren’t  huge numbers being produced like other big brands. Still when you look at buying a pipe or skid plate or disc guards for ex. The same aftermarket part fits for many years.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Wow this is a good price!!! Around 71 bucks US then just add shipping!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Yea so few were brought in so it is nice. The other great thing is the ktm rfs motor which is easy to get parts for everywhere.

The original plastics on 2009 are super good. Those are stronger than what you can get now. Problem is the graphics don’t want to stay on the plastic. 

Thanks for these links! My stickers were coming off on my '08 RS so I I just got a set of '09 RR Racing graphics from Beta USA (https://shop.betausa.com/p/beta-racing-graphics-2009) and they went on great. Super strong adhesive. PITA to clean up the gunk and glue off the old plastics though. Really high quality decals. It comes with 400, 450 and 525 stickers that go below the seat.
I asked them if they still had any plastics and they said they do. I'll follow up and let you know what I find out - would be nice to have a spare set before they're NLA.

Edited by jmardy
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmardy said:

Thanks for these links! My stickers were coming off on my '08 RS so I I just got a set of '09 RR Racing graphics from Beta USA (https://shop.betausa.com/p/beta-racing-graphics-2009) and they went on great. Super strong adhesive. PITA to clean up the gunk and glue off the old plastics though. Really high quality decals. It comes with 400, 450 and 525 stickers that go below the seat.
I asked them if they still had any plastics and they said they do. I'll follow up and let you know what I find out - would be nice to have a spare set before they're NLA.

It’s too bad that the other colors aren’t available anymore. Had an orangish red and black plastic kits before . I think it’s just the 2009 white now. Unless someone knows a link??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

It’s too bad that the other colors aren’t available anymore. Had an orangish red and black plastic kits before . I think it’s just the 2009 white now. Unless someone knows a link??

Are you sure they're not? Beta Parts guy replied to my email and said they had a good supply but said "We only list our accessories on the site, you will need to get with a dealer to order OEM parts."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jmardy said:

Are you sure they're not? Beta Parts guy replied to my email and said they had a good supply but said "We only list our accessories on the site, you will need to get with a dealer to order OEM parts."

 

It would be nice but I tried to order before and nothing.. Also there was a time where some first gen Beta parts were on closeout sale including some plastics. Some specialty stuff sold and I got my race edition triple clamps then for ex. Beta sold stuff like a 540 top end kit too for example before. I think they sold a 50 mm marzocchi fork and some carbon fiber side cover kit from Boano so no need to take off bolts and seat to get to the air filter.  

I can see why just the 09 enduro plastics would be available now. I mean so few Beta enduro were produced and distributed. I mean just think getting 300 Beta enduros in a year and dividing those up through 50 states. That’s an exotic. I think so few plastics were sold for so few bikes. The other thing is the first gen plastics were really good. They didn’t break so not many sales for plastics unless guys scratched theirs up too much. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×