hawaiidirtrider

2009 Beta 525 mods?.. other stuff to put on?

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/984211-2008-beta-525rr/page-4?hl=%20beta%20%20rear%20%20brake%20%20cooler

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1045271-what-did-you-do-to-your-beta-today/page-9

I'll just add this Beta 525 08'  thread too.. I like this bike too!!! Thanks KX290F pilot!!!

IMAG0201_zps2c5c1d1d.jpg

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

What is your mixed review?..... Do you live where you need a thermostat

Here was a couple comments I read,

"Once the operating temperature is reached, the thermostat progressively increases or decreases its opening in response to temperature changes, dynamically balancing the coolant recirculation flow and coolant flow to the radiator to maintain the engine temperature in the optimum range."

"Yes this is possible in some cooling system designs. The coolant will be cooler but the engine (metal) will be hotter because the coolant is moving too fast to absorb the heat. Only way to know if removing the thermostat is making the engine (not coolant) run cooler is to monitor a parameter like cylinder head temp. I'd keep the thermostat and use Engine Ice and possibly a lower temp fan switch."

I do not ride were the temp gets bellow 40 degrees. Most of the time in the 60s-80s.  Whats your take on removing it?

Here was a couple comments I read,

"Once the operating temperature is reached, the thermostat progressively increases or decreases its opening in response to temperature changes, dynamically balancing the coolant recirculation flow and coolant flow to the radiator to maintain the engine temperature in the optimum range."

"Yes this is possible in some cooling system designs. The coolant will be cooler but the engine (metal) will be hotter because the coolant is moving too fast to absorb the heat. Only way to know if removing the thermostat is making the engine (not coolant) run cooler is to monitor a parameter like cylinder head temp. I'd keep the thermostat and use Engine Ice and possibly a lower temp fan switch."

I do not ride were the temp gets bellow 40 degrees. Most of the time in the 60s-80s.  Whats your take on removing it?

. Do you see any world enduro championship riders riding with a thermostat on their bikes? ...They are going to ride harder in everything compared to most.. but you can keep your thermostat if you feel it's better for your bike.

I live and ride in a cold weather climate so a thermostat is a must. The first time you fail to warm your bike up properly and squeak a piston you can ask yourself if it was worth it.

I understand that, but you still can squeak them in those temps. Throw in the option that some choose to run forged pistons and it only compounds the possibility. 

• Like 1

I understand that, but you still can squeak them in those temps. Throw in the option that some choose to run forged pistons and it only compounds the possibility. 

Noted.. I guess I'm clueless to cold temp issues.. for me I yanked the thermostat from the housing to help with overheating and flow. I'd think that starting your bike and taking a little time for warming it up ought to be fine but what do I know.. I don't live in snow like you guys.

. Do you see any world enduro championship riders riding with a thermostat on their bikes? ...They are going to ride harder in everything compared to most.. but you can keep your thermostat if you feel it's better for your bike.

World Champion riders have mechanics that rebuild there bikes after every race. Don't have that luxury :)

World Champion riders have mechanics that rebuild there bikes after every race. Don't have that luxury :)

What's your point?  It's simple. There's a first gen Beta upgraded radiator hose setup for sale. Guys buy it to upgrade their rfs Beta's. I bought one.. now if you don't want to buy one ..don't. Maybe you might contact a dealer or a local mechanic to have it explained to you... or read up on your own. Most people who have bought this are just regular riders.

It's on the Beta website .. 

http://shop.americanbeta.com/p/beta-racing-silicone-radiator-hose-kit/enduro_rr-rs_05-09-rr-rs_engine?pp=12

What's your point?  It's simple. There's a first gen Beta upgraded radiator hose setup for sale. Guys buy it to upgrade their rfs Beta's. I bought one.. now if you don't want to buy one ..don't. Maybe you might contact a dealer or a local mechanic to have it explained to you... or read up on your own. Most people who have bought this are just regular riders.

It's on the Beta website .. 

http://shop.americanbeta.com/p/beta-racing-silicone-radiator-hose-kit/enduro_rr-rs_05-09-rr-rs_engine?pp=12

Take it easy bud, thank you for posting the find. I was interested in it before I did some research on it. My point is, it may work for some depending on where they live, but may not work for others. Happy trails bud, keep it rubber side down.

• Like 1