Sign in to follow this  

Suspension revalve

I am thinking about getting the suspension revalved on my 2012 kx450. Who have you used, and was it worth it?

I am an intermediate vet rider.

I am thinking about getting the suspension revalved on my 2012 kx450. Who have you used, and was it worth it?

I am an intermediate vet rider.

mx? off road? trails? 

Edited by skthom2320

Enzo would be the last place I'd go, they charged me $750 and when I complained about it in the whoops they said my son was chopping the throttle, finally I tore into them myself, found they had not even ground the peening off the shafts, stay away. I had really good luck with Tom Morgan racing. I would use a smaller shop, they will work with you to get it right. Maybe try Richard Wilson at house of Horsepower.

To answer your first question, is it worth it, short answer yes, with the caveat that the builder knows what they are doing.

I use the bike 85% for moto 15% trails

I'm also vet int mx'er and found that the 13 bike was usable in stock form, but very confidence inspiring and easier to go fast for longer once my suspension was revalved. I think the same would be true for the '12.

I am a vet intermediate

I can tell you that springs are at least 80% of a revalve in my experience.

With that being said, my suspension is at pro circuit right now.

I have the disposable coin and I like 100%

I think the real question is why are you thinking of a re-valve? What is the bike doing that you don't like or can't adjust out?