Sign in to follow this  

05 ktm 450 sx transmission swap

I just want to know if i could swap out my 4 speed for a 6 speed transmission, if so what parts would i need? Or if i could swap transmission with a bike of the same year?

I just want to know if i could swap out my 4 speed for a 6 speed transmission, if so what parts would i need? Or if i could swap transmission with a bike of the same year?

if you want a WR 5th and 6th you need 2 gears, the 3rd shift fork and possibly a new shift drum

if you want a CR 5th and 6th you need 4 gears, the 3rd shift fork and possibly a new shift drum

or you can swap a entire 6 spd trans

would the transmision from a 525 exc of the same year fit the 450 sx? If so i would just do a swap instead of adding 2 more gears.

would the transmision from a 525 exc of the same year fit the 450 sx? If so i would just do a swap instead of adding 2 more gears.

Yes it will fit and can be any year, though the pre 03 main shafts have a different clutch attachment method than later years and are not compatible.

check the engine case numbers before commiting, you will need to download a lot of parts manuals and find the exact same case number before you commit.

I found the sxf and xcf share the same cases there for i could upgrade my sxf into a 5 speed instead of a 4 speed.

check the engine case numbers before commiting, you will need to download a lot of parts manuals and find the exact same case number before you commit.

I found the sxf and xcf share the same cases there for i could upgrade my sxf into a 5 speed instead of a 4 speed.

All RFS engines share the same cases