JRod4928

Suzuki Suzuki LTZ 250 Drive Shaft Install/Removal

I need to remove the drive shaft from the differential, and then reinstall it on a different differential. Does anyone have experience with this, or can they provide a video showing how it's done?

Hey im not sure if you already did it but its fairly simple. Undo the 4 bolts from the shaft side of the swimg arm that side should pull backwards and you will be able to pull the drive shaft off the front splines then you can pop it out of the back housing. Ive done this a few times and did a rear end rebuild on my z-250. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406089725.577354.jpg

Unbolt the 4 bolts on the one side of the Housing and everything just slides right out. if you plan on rebuilding it you're going to need a special tool to pull the pinion nut out

Exactly^ i couldnt get the tool and they wanted 800 to rebuild my housing so i just bought a new one. AND JUST MAKE SURE WHEN YOU PULL THE DRIVESHAFT OUT OF THE REAR END YOU GRAB THE SPRING BETWEEN THE YOLK AND THE SHAFT. I found that out the hard way.

Ya I got my tool from a dealer out of state it was hard to find and it was $70 which is expensive but Ive used it three times so it was worth it

Today while riding my Ozark it suddenly lost power and made an awful grinding sound. Got towed back to the truck and came home early. Just washed the Ozark and upon inspection it seems where the drive shaft comes into the rubber boots on the front of the differential it's spinning and clicking as if the splines have separated.  Is there a clip holding the two parts together that came loose? Never worked on a shaft driven ATV differential and drive shaft. Don't want to take more apart than necessary to diagnose and fix the issue.

I have the same problem as the last guys post on here. I just rebuilt the diff, and was riding, and just started clanking with no power to the wheels. I haven't had it back apart yet, but was also wondering if there was a clip or something I could have missed when reinstalling.