Sign in to follow this  

Quick mpg check

Hey guys

I have a 2012 Australian  400e in  derestricted form

Airbox opened up and pipe baffles removed but otherwise stock standard.

I'm getting 20 klms / litre  (47.3 mpg)  with on road use not racing it much at all

Does that sound about right??

cheers

Yes, that sounds about right....What tyres are you using?, as with gearing and jetting, will have a significant effect on fuel consumption ...

I have 15/43T on my big bore E....

Over 135 kms  it used 6 litres with pirelli MT90 A/T tyres,  knobbys (dunlop 606) was using 7 litres......

Changed out the needle from OCEMN to OCEMP (leaner) and now only using 4.5 litres over the same 135 km circuit.

Edited by Craigo 485sm

pirelli scorpion xc mid hards

I got it primarily for off roading and the occasional work hack , but I'm riding it everyday to work now.   (Perth traffic sucks and it takes it out of the equation :thumbsup: )

47.3 sounds about right.  I was averaging a little over 50mpg on my all stock '13 Smodel. I just did the 3x3 and rejet so I assume I'll lose a little MPG, but gain a few SmilesPerGallon ;)

• Like 1

My last ride I got 49mpg......the one before 41.......still making calculations to come up with an honest average. My mileage drop came after the BB kit, cams and carb change, but I'm guessing at looking at the other people who have posted and what their bikes have, this is probably pretty close now.

Sounds about right - Used to get about 45mpg (US gallons) on a stock DRZ; I then had it modified

slightly, rejetted and dynoed it. Reduced gearing. I get about 35mpg now - BUT because the engine

is running so much better - I ride it a lot harder which reduces the fuel consumption

Gerry

I've got MRD SSW corked, stock tank, stock gearing, stock airbox, K&N, haven't jetted, and hammer pretty much everywhere I go and get about 50-55 miles before I have to flip on reserve. :cry:

I've got MRD SSW corked, stock tank, stock gearing, stock airbox, K&N, haven't jetted, and hammer pretty much everywhere I go and get about 50-55 miles before I have to flip on reserve. :cry:

Something is not right there at ALL!   25mpg...     + you should really rejet and do the 3x3 mod,  your bike will run much better.

I guess I don't ride very hard compared to everyone else. Mine has 3x3, rejet and a Big Gun exhaust (came with the bike, I am planning on getting an MRD once spring gets closer) and I think my worst tank all summer was 53 mpg. My best was 64 mpg. 

Yeh, that's not unreasonable at all....I used to get very similar mileage when I had just the 3x3, jetting and full Yosh exhaust.

Drop in the big bore, cams and CVK40mm carb, twist the wrist alllottttttttt more, and we're down to 41. hahahahaha, YEH, it was worth it!!   :smirk:

• Like 1