Sign in to follow this  

Disc Guards

7602 racing makes some of the best products for armor that I've seen including metal disc guards front and rear . Unfortunately they don't make them for Betas . I know Shark Fin is available for the rear but does anyone know of a company that makes something for the front that's not plastic ?

7602 racing makes some of the best products for armor that I've seen including metal disc guards front and rear . Unfortunately they don't make them for Betas . I know Shark Fin is available for the rear but does anyone know of a company that makes something for the front that's not plastic ?

Which Beta and year and what front forks do you have?

Which Beta and year and what front forks do you have?

2014 450 rr and sachs forks

• Like 1

Yeah, the rear disc needs a guard. I trashed my rear disc on my second day of riding my new beta.  Never happened on any of my other bikes so maybe im lucky.

• Like 1

Yep, I have them front and rear. Really nice units (That's my Beta on their web page).

https://www.bulletproofdesigns.com/products/brands/beta-motorcycles/beta-front-sharkfin-disc-guard-by-bullet-proof-designs.html

20131030_114010bf.jpg

This is nice.. better than my adapted flatland ktm ones.. but then this wasn't available before.  This looks just like my topar racing for my cr..

http://www.toparracing.com/front-disc-guard-kit-for-1999-2001-honda-cr250/

honda5678__59637.1339453991.1280.1280.jp

I had to drill a hole so I could adjust the forks..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Interesting, very similar units. They borrowed my bike to use for a template to make the front and rear guards. Nate Scott over there is very nice and is a Sherco dealer too. I rode their 300 4t for just a few minutes. Nice machine.

• Like 1

I like this one from ZAR: 

http://hyde1.mybigcommerce.com/CDF113/

It also has a 'boot' for other fork leg.

I believe TheBob had it on his Beta.

Then there's the Acerbis one from American Beta. 

http://www.americanbeta.com/node/1737

Those rear disk guards ('shark fins') cost more the disk. 

TM Design plastic guards seem interesting. Send them emails to show them there is interest in Beta parts.

http://www.tmdesignworks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=202&products_id=989

$_12-2.JPG

Has anyone caught a rock in between the guard and the rotor? BOth of my rotors have had to be straightened out.

Has anyone caught a rock in between the guard and the rotor? BOth of my rotors have had to be straightened out.

Never happened for me.. what like a bigger  gravel type rock?  ..not picturing how that happens.  What kind of guard do you have?

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Just installed my Bullet Proof Disc guards, both front and rear.  Very happy with the fitment of the front, the rear, not so much.  Question for Ud-LUZ: does yours look like this?  My rear disc rotor hangs down 3/32" lower than the guard, but the front has a good 1/2" of protection, meaning the guard is 1/2" lower than the lowest point of the disc rotor.  Is mine an anomaly or is this the way it was designed? I've sent them a service request, but since your bike was used for the prototype, you might be able to answer my question.

Thanks!

Reardiscguard-Copy_zpse96d95c5.jpg

Would you guys be happy with this for protection?

Just installed my Bullet Proof Disc guards, both front and rear.  Very happy with the fitment of the front, the rear, not so much.  Question for Ud-LUZ: does yours look like this?  My rear disc rotor hangs down 3/32" lower than the guard, but the front has a good 1/2" of protection, meaning the guard is 1/2" lower than the lowest point of the disc rotor.  Is mine an anomaly or is this the way it was designed? I've sent them a service request, but since your bike was used for the prototype, you might be able to answer my question.

My bike is in Arizona and I won't be there until the 9th of Dec. I'll never remember but you might PM me around then.

Thanks!

That's a bummer. I would not be happy at all. I would send it back and get the Beta one. I too have a protector thats replaces the OEM carrier. I personally don't care for the Bullet Proof designs because you can't replace the guard when it wears out. I'm sure you know all to well that your lucky to get one season out of disc protection when racing and just a few when recreational riding.

Mine actually seems to be holding up pretty well. And you can replace just the guard for a lot cheaper with a quick turn of the allen wrench.

100_4033_zps86f6d86a.jpg

• Like 1

I'm sending the BP rear back and looking to get an Enduro Engineering rear disc guard.  Anyone have one and if so, does it offer protection by hanging down lower than the disc rotor?   https://shop.enduroeng.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=0BET

Call Nate Scott and ask him. BPD are really good guys and will address this.

Thanks!

I never noticed this on mine.. I better go look.