how much weight can your LRP lose?

just wondering if anyone has the math or actual scale results for how much weight is possible to drop from LRP? i'm thinking muffler & battery + rear light assembly is a given, but is there anything else that's worth going after? is it realistic to think you can get <300 lbs?

just wondering if anyone has the math or actual scale results for how much weight is possible to drop from LRP? i'm thinking muffler & battery + rear light assembly is a given, but is there anything else that's worth going after? is it realistic to think you can get <300 lbs?

Yes I believe you can.... there is a thread here somewhere with weights etc ...  I suppose if you want to spend the money 285-290 might even be possible 

Yes I believe you can.... there is a thread here somewhere with weights etc ...  I suppose if you want to spend the money 285-290 might even be possible 

I agree with Gnath; I think getting under 300 lbs should be doable. Modifying the rear fender, exhaust/mid pipe, and battery should easily shave 10 lbs I would think. You could also ditch the passenger pegs and find some lighter aftermarket mirrors. However, if your intended use is off road, be aware that adding hand guards, skid plate, and radiator guard will add weight back on. If I figure out a way to weigh-in my bike I'll post it here. On a different note, I personally don't think this bike feels as heavy as it is. Good luck!

As soon as you take the bike on a muddy trail I think the the stickers will look worse for wear.

The front head light and being smart with tyre selection also helps. Edited by Positron007