2-stroke question

I have a rm 250 with fmf fatty pipe and a turbine core 2 and it seems to leak/spit out lots of black oil/gas. Anybody else got this problem? Anybody know how to fix it or make it so it's not so bad. NOTE: I repacked the silencer about every 20-30 hours

Are you talking about leaking out of the silencer ? If it is, its most likly your jetting is off. When changing pipe and silencer, jetting needs to be altered aswell. Is it leaking out of carb or hose ? 9 out of 10 times your carb needs to be re-jetted

I have heard a lot of people have the same issue with the Turbinecore 2, regardless of jetting.  My jetting is pretty dialed in, and my TC2 still drools.  

yeah I re jetted it and it runs like a top other than the silencer leaking. also mix my gas 32:1 which I heard is recommended

Edited by Bigty

I have a turbine core silencer on a cr 250 and my son had a shorty on a kx 250. They both did that when we putted around. Get on it a little more to see if it stops. If it doesn't u might be to rich on your oil mix

Search spooge here on the forum. It's actually not a big deal, if your bike seems to be running right. If you do a lot of slower technical stuff, it will be more prevalent.

Search spooge here on the forum. It's actually not a big deal, if your bike seems to be running right. If you do a lot of slower technical stuff, it will be more prevalent.

I agree with this.  It's the nature of the beast that even a properly jetted two stroke will "load up" after doing a bunch of low rpm stuff.  Once you hit an open section and crack it WOT, you will likely notice some sputter at first, then it will clear out.  Two strokes always need to be blown out after slow sections.   

Not saying that your's isn't jetted too rich, just saying that some of what you're seeinis pretty normal.  You would be best off to start with a plug chop test and go from there...  Never hurts to be a bit on the rich side, so long as you're happy with the bike's performance...

One more note.  If you do decide to mess with jetting, first eliminate EVERYTHING else that could cause rich symptoms eg: too high float, bad reeds, clogged air filter, passing choke circuit.  You will be jetting in futility if everything else isn't right first...

Edited by Fattonz

I have a turbine core 2 does the same thing but when it warms up its not so bad. No big deal if your bike is running strong and the spooge isn't extremely bad (ride it like you stole it)

I have a turbine core silencer on a cr 250 and my son had a shorty on a kx 250. They both did that when we putted around. Get on it a little more to see if it stops. If it doesn't u might be to rich on your oil mix

Pick an oil ratio based on your riding style, then jet accordingly.

plug chop test ... plz explain.. I use Lucas oil the 1 gallon mix bottle.

chop test.. u mean.. wot then shutdown and pull plug for visual inspection ?

Edited by tapanrack

plug chop test ... plz explain.. I use Lucas oil the 1 gallon mix bottle.

chop test.. u mean.. wot then shutdown and pull plug for visual inspection ?

You bet.  Find a long stretch.  Hold it WOT for a while then pull in the clutch and hold the kill switch...coast to full stop.  Pull the plug, look at the color of the porcelain....ideal color should be something similar to corrugated cardboard...or coffee with cream.  Black would mean rich, and white too lean.  Once it's right you can work on jet needle, air screw. pilot etc...by starting with manufacturer's specs from your manual, then adjusting by feel eg: hesitation = lean, sputter = rich, etc....

Also, unless you're riding competitively (and even then) you're better to be a hair rich versus running at the edge with no room for error, and risking damage....fouled plug is cheaper than a new engine...

Thank you sir much appreciated