Removing pipe coating?

Hey guys! I got a 2006 yz 125. I've read multiple times that the best expansion chamber for this bike is the stock one. But I hate the way it looks. I found a couple pictures on TT of guys who took the coating off, but no one said how they did it. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1391755377.595624.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1391755402.426969.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1391755413.912477.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1391755425.695715.jpg.

Also, I was wondering if removing this would rob me of power or anything like that. (I'm sure the Yamaha engineers knew what they where doing when they coated the pipe) and would I have to put hi temp clear coat to keep it from rusting?

What are your guys' thoughts?

I'm on my phone so I'm limited.Type in sheriff245 in search ,he did one of his pipes and it looks nice.

The paint has no purpose but to protect from rust.

Keep searching, I explained how I did it a few times already. Post pictures when you're done!

I stripped mine with wet/dry paper.  You need some sort of finish or it will rust almost over night.  I actually blued mine with cold gun bluing.  Looks very neat!  Dark blue, shiny.  Several wanted me to do their pipes.  Took em forever and a lot of elbow grease.  After each heat cycle, I rub it down with break fluid.  No rust.

I had my pipe "Ceramic coated" and love it . You can pick any color , very durable and it cost me $50 bucks . 

This is Not the company I used but you can get an idea what can be done , check it out...

http://www.jet-hot.com/coatings/premium-colors/

I stripped mine with wet/dry paper.  You need some sort of finish or it will rust almost over night.  I actually blued mine with cold gun bluing.  Looks very neat!  Dark blue, shiny.  Several wanted me to do their pipes.  Took em forever and a lot of elbow grease.  After each heat cycle, I rub it down with break fluid.  No rust.

Got any pics of your pipe?

Got any pics of your pipe?

Will see what I can do.  Took it off a couple of years ago, went PC.