08 steering dampener question

Will the 08 factory steering damper work on a 06 with 08 triple clamps? And would it be worth about 120 bucks to buy one? I'm not gonna be doing stoppee's or anything but I been thinking about getting one to cut down on head shake when going through sand and the occasional branch smacking the bars.. Len me know watcha think and a pic or two of the factory one and it's mounts would be appreciated.

Appreciate it fellas. I think I'll just wait till I got the cash n get me a Scott's then. The only thing I don't like about Scott's is my hour meter is on a mount that's mounted to the top bolt of my triple clamps and looks like the Scott's will interfere with that. Oh well, we'll see ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1391822738.679404.jpg

mx bonz makes a kit you can retrofit to about any bike.  Ride engineering also does with their clamps.

Like people have posted, it doesn't work off center.  The first 5-10* off center, the HPSD has no effect on due to the design of how it is mounted.  Once past that it will help. 

so if you are looking for an off center dampner, scotts or other aftermarket unit is what you will want to get. 

I am far from an elite rider to notice minor "adjustments" but after riding desert (sand), I would confidently say that the HPSD does nothing for that type of riding. Never rode woods before but I also couldnt imagine it helping in a tree strike. I have used Scotts in the past so maybe I am biased.... 

• Like 1

Appreciate it fellas. I think I'll just wait till I got the cash n get me a Scott's then. The only thing I don't like about Scott's is my hour meter is on a mount that's mounted to the top bolt of my triple clamps and looks like the Scott's will interfere with that. Oh well, we'll see 📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1391822738.679404.jpg

Having ridden with a Scotts damper (and I have one on my 1100) Id trade the position of the clock for the damper in a hot wet second. After riding with one, especially off road and trail type riding, you wont even want to unload the bike unless its on there.

• Like 2

Having ridden with a Scotts damper (and I have one on my 1100) Id trade the position of the clock for the damper in a hot wet second. After riding with one, especially off road and trail type riding, you wont even want to unload the bike unless its on there.

...X2!!! $2 for some double sided tape and zip ties and you can put it anywhere.

• 3 weeks later...