East valley ride

Arizona

Anybody riding in the east valley mon 10th or tues 11th?  Sycamore, Box canyon etc?

Anybody riding in the east valley mon 10th or tues 11th?  Sycamore, Box canyon etc?

Saturday or Sunday?

I'll be riding out at Bulldog Canyon with a buddy tomorrow. Staging about 7:30 a.m. at the Hackmore rd entrance. It won't be a "ride" as much as just playing around, both of us only have a couple hours before we have to be at work and there aren't nice single track loops at Bulldog like there are at Sycamore. Your welcome though if you haven't found any better options! 

This is my first season back after a long layoff, and I'm trying to ride once a week. I usually ride a weekday morning, often Monday or Tuesday. Try to do just two our three hours before work and usually ride at Sycamore/Mesquite/Bulldog. Let me know if you have other weekday mornings free in the future.

I'm going to do a Weds late morning ride at Bulldog Canyon, starting around 9:30 to 10:00, if anyone is interested.

Where/how do you get a permit/code to do Bulldog?

Hey Kenpo

Were you able to open the lock at the AA Pit entrance where you guys met? Last few times I've been to Bulldog Canyon the combo lock would not work at that entrance, but works fine at the others. Just curious if they're trying to keep that spot locked up.

Hey Kenpo

Were you able to open the lock at the AA Pit entrance where you guys met? Last few times I've been to Bulldog Canyon the combo lock would not work at that entrance, but works fine at the others. Just curious if they're trying to keep that spot locked up.

You know what, the gate was unlocked when I went to open it, so I didn't actually have to use the code. A ranger came through about 9 a.m. when we were loading back up and didn't say a word, so he wasn't surprised to see us. 

Interesting that you say that. When did you start noticing that the combo didn't work? I hope they aren't trying to keep that gate locked, it's by far my favorite entrance. Of course, there is a long standing hole in the fence, but I like to enter legitimately...when I can. :) 

Are you wanting to ride at that entrance on Wed? 

You know what, the gate was unlocked when I went to open it, so I didn't actually have to use the code. A ranger came through about 9 a.m. when we were loading back up and didn't say a word, so he wasn't surprised to see us. 

Interesting that you say that. When did you start noticing that the combo didn't work? I hope they aren't trying to keep that gate locked, it's by far my favorite entrance. Of course, there is a long standing hole in the fence, but I like to enter legitimately...when I can. :)

Are you wanting to ride at that entrance on Wed? 

Yeah, I preferred that entrance, but I've been using the Cottonwood entrance the last three times or so because the AA combo wouldn't work. I've used every gate except the one furthest south east off the Bush Highway and they've all worked fine except that AA entrance lately. I think it was sometime in November or December that I started having problems with that gate if it wasn't already left unlocked.

Yeah, I preferred that entrance, but I've been using the Cottonwood entrance the last three times or so because the AA combo wouldn't work. I've used every gate except the one furthest south east off the Bush Highway and they've all worked fine except that AA entrance lately. I think it was sometime in November or December that I started having problems with that gate if it wasn't already left unlocked.

Interesting. I'm curious now to see if my codes work. Which entrance are you riding tomorrow? 

Interesting. I'm curious now to see if my codes work. Which entrance are you riding tomorrow? 

Ill check the AA entrance first, and if it's a no go I'll just head up to the Cottonwood entrance.

Ill check the AA entrance first, and if it's a no go I'll just head up to the Cottonwood entrance.

Let me know if the code worked. I was hoping to get out there and hook up with you, but we've got a newborn and he was up all night, and I'm behind on work, so, ya know. Let's try and do a ride at Bulldog or Sycamore or something. I'm often riding alone, would be cool to meet some more guys that ride on the east side. 

Let me know if the code worked. I was hoping to get out there and hook up with you, but we've got a newborn and he was up all night, and I'm behind on work, so, ya know. Let's try and do a ride at Bulldog or Sycamore or something. I'm often riding alone, would be cool to meet some more guys that ride on the east side. 

The code worked fine for me this time. I was surprised how many people were out there on a weekday. Yeah, we'll definitely have to get together and do some riding out here in the east valley.

Anyone heading out on the holiday Monday 2/17? I'm looking to do an easy short ride anywhere within an hour out of Tempe...looking to shake some of the rust off and just get the bike a little dirty after a long hiatus. Just need a paved lot to park the car/trailer. PM me if you're interested. I ride a WR250F.

Anyone heading out on the holiday Monday 2/17? I'm looking to do an easy short ride anywhere within an hour out of Tempe...looking to shake some of the rust off and just get the bike a little dirty after a long hiatus. Just need a paved lot to park the car/trailer. PM me if you're interested. I ride a WR250F.

I can't make it out Monday, but I have Wed free again starting late morning. I'd be down for a Weds east valley ride

Hey sportcycles - Wednesday's no bueno for me I'm afraid...stupid work always gets in the way of riding. I'm afraid these days its weekend-only for me unless we were to do a quick sunset kind of thing where I could leave the house around 3:45. Are you ever able to do a Sat/Sun?

Hey sportcycles - Wednesday's no bueno for me I'm afraid...stupid work always gets in the way of riding. I'm afraid these days its weekend-only for me unless we were to do a quick sunset kind of thing where I could leave the house around 3:45. Are you ever able to do a Sat/Sun?

What time on Monday are you thinking? Does it HAVE to be paved staging area or just decent non 4x4 ? Only place I can think of that is paved is maybe the rolls/butcher Jones.

I can sometimes do an afternoon /Evening ride.

What time Monday?

I don't mind parking at the closest gas station or something and riding the bike in if there's no pavement in the staging area, but I've got a black car with ridiculously delicate paint so I really try to keep it away from gravel/dirt roads. Other option would be for me to drive somewhere convenient for you and load my rig into your truck. Kenpo1...didn't see your reply until now...I've got an appointment I'll be finished with by 2:30 but by the time I get home and load up it'll be too late to get started. I'd be up for nailing down next Sat or Sun...can load up the night before and get an early start. Whaddya think?

I don't mind parking at the closest gas station or something and riding the bike in if there's no pavement in the staging area, but I've got a black car with ridiculously delicate paint so I really try to keep it away from gravel/dirt roads. Other option would be for me to drive somewhere convenient for you and load my rig into your truck. Kenpo1...didn't see your reply until now...I've got an appointment I'll be finished with by 2:30 but by the time I get home and load up it'll be too late to get started. I'd be up for nailing down next Sat or Sun...can load up the night before and get an early start. Whaddya think?

Saturday might very well work. None of the places I ride or am familiar with have a gas station close enough to (reasonably) ride your bike from unless it's a DS, but I've got no problem loading your bike in my truck. I'm up off of the 202 and University on the east side. Sycamore is probably my fav place and if you are flaking the rust off, it offers lots of non-technical jeep trails and quad track and then if you are feeling comfortable, we could try some trickier quad track and maybe sections of single track. What kind of riding do you normally like? 

We can meet up at a gas station along the way or at my house. No biggie either way. Let me see how my work schedule unfolds and I'll shoot you a PM and let you know if Saturday ends up looking ok or not.