Sign in to follow this  

2012 kx250f suspension help

I am having a lot of problems getting my suspension set on my 250 im 5'8 about 120 with gear off and the bike is still all stock. I have seen through race tech that i can buy different spring ratios but im not really in the position to through the money into it at the moment. i have adjusted high and slow speed as well as preload in the rear shock to where it is more comfortable to ride but is still really harsh over breaking bumps and whoops. the front is the worst i have adjusted preload compression and rebound. I have it set to where i can lean in the corners and ride them out but it really wants to stand up about at the apex. jumps and landings are not to bad its not extremely harsh/hard and i have bottomed out once or twice but i still can feel it in my knees and ankles how stiff it truly is. If anyone can just give me maybe a few tips on adjusting everything or may even if you know some suspension shops that arent going to kill me with price and maybe a local shop here in iowa? These SSF forks are just way over my head. thanks guys! 

you either need to gain weight or get those springs. other option is to put lighter weight oil in both forks and shock.

you either need to gain weight or get those springs. other option is to put lighter weight oil in both forks and shock.

would the lighter weight oil help soften it up at all? ive heard it before but i didnt know if it would work with it being an SSF fork? and trust me ive been trying but to no avail i can just keep eating and not gain a pound

until you get springs your limited in what you can do

Edited by spin05

Make you a killer deal on my sons old springs. He just got a 2014 and i need to take his springs out of his 2012 .He also wieghs 120lbs. How bout $50 and you pay shipping for the pair???

Oil won't soften it up to make a difference. Until you change springs your going to suffer with it being harsh at 120lbs. You can set your from preload all the way soft and rear sag as soft as you can.

I also have Factory connection front fork spring and rear shock spring off my 2011 that I would sell at a reasonable price. I'm not positive of the rates at the moment as I'm not at home but the previous rider was 127 pounds per Factory Connections records and how they determined correct spring rate for him.Let me know

Make you a killer deal on my sons old springs. He just got a 2014 and i need to take his springs out of his 2012 .He also wieghs 120lbs. How bout $50 and you pay shipping for the pair???

I also have Factory connection front fork spring and rear shock spring off my 2011 that I would sell at a reasonable price. I'm not positive of the rates at the moment as I'm not at home but the previous rider was 127 pounds per Factory Connections records and how they determined correct spring rate for him.Let me know

Thanks so much guys but getting the springs them self is not the big issue here. (but it is extremely appreciated) i can get them with out to big of a problem. the problem there would be getting it all installed and such. i do all the work on all of my bike but i dont mess with suspension i just dont really know what im doing in that department and really dont want to mess it up and cost myself more then it would have been to send it out. If anything ill wait a little longer and have a local PRO ACTION guy do it. But thanks so much guys ill try to keep it posted on what happens from here!   

Mine was also harsh when new, I turned the preload on the front to the softest ( right fork ) and then played with the compression and rebound clickers, the rear I also played with the clickers and it works for me now. Not harsh on the small bumps.