question for the kawi guys

I'm an aspiring hare scrambler. Our races have A lot of single track, Rocky, Sandy with elevation change. A guy has a practically new 2011 that he wants to trade me for my 2005 yz125. My bike is pretty much set up. I just cant lay my finger on what i dont like about it. My qiestion is, will it handle as well if not better in the woods? Im not looking for power, my 125 has plenty. Im looking for more stability in rough terrain, and light `flickable` turning and braking.

125 to a 450 is a huge transition! However my kx450 handles great on single track it really comes down to preference. But if it was me in your shoes if everything checked out on his bike I'd trade! Id probably sale the kx and buy what you want make a little profit. (:

09 yfz450r

09 kx450f

Pretty sure you are looking at a 250f since this is in the 250f forum right? I have a 12 so basically the same bike. When it's faster and kinda open this bike is awesome not my favorite when it starts getting pretty gnarly but overall it's a good bike. Mine took me a whole to get used to how it handles. Anyways if you don't live your 125 and someone wants to trade you I would do if try it out see what you like.

It's a bigger heavier more powerful bike and will never be as flick able as a 125 but they are pretty good and I ride mostly single track in mine however I do plan on going back to a two stroke sometime

Edited by pre-mixed

My bad! I could have swore my notification said 450. Ether way same difference for my statement haha

09 yfz450r

09 kx450f

Indeed, im looking at a 2011 kx250f. All stock except a Ti/carbon fmf exhaust setup

The 125 will be easier to handle and turn due to the weight and low centre of gravity but you have to work the motor more, the 250f will give you lots of low down torque compared to the 125 so you can get through thick sand easier and out of corners quicker.  

The 125 will be easier to handle and turn due to the weight and low centre of gravity but you have to work the motor more, the 250f will give you lots of low down torque compared to the 125 so you can get through thick sand easier and out of corners quicker.

I agree totally but if he's into hare scrambles from my expierience has a lot of hill climbs an the 250f is the best possible option for that, on rocky areas the 250f will also progress more than a 125 but 125's are lighter and easier to whip around Edited by KawasakiEnduro