Sign in to follow this  

Good price?

2006 drz400s

I am looking to buy one, I found one at a dealer for $3,450 with 4,800 miles is that a good price I'm new to 4 strokes. Thanks John

Edited by John332

For a dealer that sounds like a great deal.  A dealership local to me has an 01 with 2,000 miles for 3800. Any goodies on the bike or is it bone stock? pictures would help determine a more accurate price if you can get any of it.

Dealers are for new bikes,  CL is for used stuff,  the price is ''ok''  for a dealer,  i bought me 07 with a quarter of those miles for less,   at a dealer you will pay lots of taxes too,  a private party always puts it down for way less so you save lots of $ on taxes.

If you like the bike,  offer $3400 OTD,  that would be a good deal imo.

• Like 1

I got my 06 S 3 yrs. ago (course the times were bad too) and he was asking the same thing....$3450. I offered him $2800 cash and I would come over in 10 minutes and he took it. Bike had same miles as the one you're looking at......hard to say what a dealer will take, he's getting a commission too if it's on consignment. I've always found, and am a total fan of cash talks.....walk in with $3000 in $100 bills and see what happens. Sad stories are good too, you can come up with your work hours were just reduced, etc.etc.etc.......give it a try. If nothing else, I think he'll see you're serious and will give you his bottom line. Good luck, let us know what happens.............

• Like 1

OK thanks guys. I will offer them 3000 otd. Let you know the outcome.

• Like 2

OK thanks guys. I will offer them 3000 otd. Let you know the outcome.

Just in case the bike is "to die for".....have some back up. Eating crow isn't so bad.....rather do that than have someone right behind you say....I'll take it!

Keep us posted.....sure would like to see a pic too. Is it yellow?

Yes its yellow, the ad said just serviced. I will get the details.

Yellow id offer no more then 27 cash...

If it was Blue you're talking 34 ball park   :p

good luck.

• Like 2

Yellow id offer no more then 27 cash...

If it was Blue you're talking 34 ball park   :p

good luck.

That's not what Mineolaman said................hahahahahahaha

M8

• Like 1

I got the bike, it's in excellent shape with new tires, front,rear brakes and skid plate also renthal bars and pad. Now only have to wait for the snow to melt!!!! Thanks for all the help.

• Like 1

I got the bike, it's in excellent shape with new tires, front,rear brakes and skid plate also renthal bars and pad. Now only have to wait for the snow to melt!!!! Thanks for all the help.

Congrats John,  they give you a good deal?

Oh and Pics please.

3400 otd. With 30 day warranty. It's still at the dealer picking it up at the end of the month. That's when the warranty goes in affect.

As you are new to 4 strokes and the DRZ, it may be worthwhile to have a preview of the FAQ's so you are "in the zone" when you take custody of the new beast...

:)

Hey guys, Now that I got my bike it has 4800 miles on it, the mechanic at the dealer said you don't have to adjust the valves until 15 to 20 thousand miles. I thought that was kinda high, what do you think? What's the average price on a vavle adjustment? Also I been reading that 4 strokes are more maintenance and more to maintain. I thought they were less maintenance then 2 strokes. Thanks in advanced.

Hey guys, Now that I got my bike it has 4800 miles on it, the mechanic at the dealer said you don't have to adjust the valves until 15 to 20 thousand miles. I thought that was kinda high, what do you think? What's the average price on a vavle adjustment? Also I been reading that 4 strokes are more maintenance and more to maintain. I thought they were less maintenance then 2 strokes. Thanks in advanced.

DIY...new bike, unknown service history,I would check it now , so you know... ........... :blah:  

DRZ Valve Clearance Check and Adjustment plus Cam timing

• Like 1