Sign in to follow this  

Supercross No more Supercross for Canadian Rogers Customers

As of March 1, 2014 Roger is dropping Speed channel.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/speed-channel?asc_refid=serviceupdate

Since Fox Sports 1 can't be broadcasted in Canada because it competes with Canadian channels TSN/Sportsnet, anybody who is supercross fan is SOL. Bell subscribers seem to be fine, they are keeping the channel for the time being.

Anybody got any recommendations on how to watch it online live? Beyond that, I guess I have to download it the next day and lose the nice HD picture I am used to...

Move to the good ol' USA is one way.... We have the same healthcare now lol

• Like 4

Move to the good ol' USA is one way.... We have the same healthcare now lol

Naaa. USA's is way better!!! :lol: Insurance is one thing, Single Slayer is a different beast.... :lol:

Rogers is the last provider I would ever use.

I don't like Rogers, but I hate Bell and have no interest in doing any business with them ever again. Still going to be ridiculous that the Supercross is going to be at the Rogers Center Stadium in Toronto, but won't be covered by any Rogers channel...

I was using slicknick to grab the motocrosses during the summer, but it's just better watching it live or recorded. Picture quality is way better and the audio isn't nearly as clear.

Also, the American health system is the prime reason I would never want to live and work in the USA. I'm just going to leave it at that, it's like arguing politics and religion.

I will find the link that streams the race live & post it before the race starts.  Need my son to get it to me

Anyone know if it will affect Shaw?

Don't hold me to this but I asked my wife(works at sasktel) and she says that it shouldn't affect shaw. When it comes to cable they are all seperate. Not like cellular where other companies will piggy back towers

I don't like Rogers, but I hate Bell and have no interest in doing any business with them ever again. Still going to be ridiculous that the Supercross is going to be at the Rogers Center Stadium in Toronto, but won't be covered by any Rogers channel...

I was using slicknick to grab the motocrosses during the summer, but it's just better watching it live or recorded. Picture quality is way better and the audio isn't nearly as clear.

Also, the American health system is the prime reason I would never want to live and work in the USA. I'm just going to leave it at that, it's like arguing politics and religion.

We get a lot of rich Canadians coming down to our hospital to have procedures done that they can't/won't do in Canada. When you're really sick, national pride goes out the window.

We get a lot of rich Canadians coming down to our hospital to have procedures done that they can't/won't do in Canada. When you're really sick, national pride goes out the window.

You nailed it. North of the border we have a great thing going. All the healthcare you could want, and if things get a little crazy go south and steal some expertise. Truly a best of all worlds.

Seriously your system leads to more cutting edge stuff than any other on the planet. The Canadian system just gives more people access to it. It's great for us, keep up the good work! :)

Health care in Canada is only free for those who don't work and don't buy anything. Canadians are taxed to death at every level and our governments are still dealing with deficits every year. Please don't believe we have free health care it simply isn't the case.

Getting back on topic though Shaw hasn't dropped Speed yet.

• Like 1

If you don't like the quality there, wait until you try to watch it live streaming somewhere...

• Like 1

We had the best healthcare in the world until we were taken over by a communist dictatorship....you canucks used to all come here for treatment.  Now you have nowhere to go.