favorite/best mod. to your ktm 200?

what is the best mod/favorite thing you have done to your ktm 200?

2012 200xcw with my favorite addons on priority order

tubliss rear tire - allows 6psi for awesome traction in PNW mud

Fasst flex bars with cycra guards- softens landings and smooths out the ride- helped a tendinitis problem 

core exp 2.0 - eliminated stalls when rear brake locks up accidentally.  Kickstarting sucks when you are short.

synergy x bushing - lowers bike 1/2" for my short legs

bpd radiator guards - bullet proof as advertised

head mod to tighten squish - this would have gone higher but I did not boost compressions as much as I should.  Will get a new, re-milled head to fix this soon.

Trailtech X2 halogen - allows night riding when combined with trailtech helmet HID

acerbix xseat - stiff but acts like extra suspension for hard landings

scott rear rotor guard - ranked low on my list but I don't do many rock garden rides

trailtech RPM meter - does its job.  Just hope it doesn't fail like my other trailtech stuff: see below

Least favorite mods now removed:

Trailtech vapor - misfunctioned/failed

trailtech endurance II - misfunctioned failed

pro moto bullet kickstand - hangs down too far and gets caught up on logs.  gets bungled up if the kickstand collapses into soft dirt.

I am about to replace my flexx bars with some twisted engineering carbon bars.  2 pounds lighter, can't wait till they arrive.

Am also awaiting a 36 smart carb.  I am hoping that these two mods will make it to the top of my list.

Edited by TmanTman

sounds like a sweet bike. What rear tire do you run? I have a 2011xcw I just picked up about a month ago. coming off an 01 426. I really like the bike so far even though I haven't gotten to ride it as much as id like do to the wheather. I put on a ee skid plate and an ee disk guard. have a 11oz fly wheel weight and a s3 pipe guard and a jd jet kit on the way. How much did the head work help?

1. Suspension respring and revalve (Konflict Motorsports in Redmond, WA)

2. Tubliss

Haven't really done anything else besides jetting, typical bike armor and spark arrestor.

2012 KTM 200...love it

sounds like a sweet bike. What rear tire do you run? I have a 2011xcw I just picked up about a month ago. coming off an 01 426. I really like the bike so far even though I haven't gotten to ride it as much as id like do to the wheather. I put on a ee skid plate and an ee disk guard. have a 11oz fly wheel weight and a s3 pipe guard and a jd jet kit on the way. How much did the head work help?

I run a MT16 rear in the summer at 10psi and S12XC in the winter at 6-8psi.  Tubliss really helps traction when it is slippery.

Hard to say how much the head mod helped I also put in a new piston/rings which itself brought my compression back up to spec.

Head mod is cheap and well advised when you do your next top end.

alright cool il def do the head when I do the top end. just curious what kinda hours can I expect out of a top end I don't race just trail ride. the bike has 65 hours previous owner did it at 40 hours.

alright cool il def do the head when I do the top end. just curious what kinda hours can I expect out of a top end I don't race just trail ride. the bike has 65 hours previous owner did it at 40 hours.

From what I've read on here, you'll be good to 50 hours, but if you want, do it at 80, its 200 bucks for a kit. Then you might wanna verify that the cranks still all good when you're in there.

Mark

okay cool thanks for the help.

keep your favorite parts/mods coming.

My 02 sx moose seat. CF fork guards.... Thats it.

Free Mods
1. Spend some time getting your carb adjusted (at least as best you can with the OEM jetting).
2. Try different adjustment settings for the power valve.
3. Set rear sag correctly and then try different suspension settings.

Must Do Mods
1. Skid Plate - Hyde Racing works great, but don't mention that name on the Orange Site.
2. Hand Guards/Brush Guards - Cycra ProBend.  Don't waste your $$$ on EE/MOOSE guards.
3. Radiator Guards - Bullet Proof Designs.  Don't waste your $$$ on EE/MOOSE guards.
4. Chain Guide - BRP

Performance Mods
1. JD Jetting Kit - Another choice is to read through jetting forums to see what else you can use instead of the JD Kit.
2. Steahly FWW
3. FMF Gnarly Pipe w/Q Stealth Silencer spark Arrester

Comfort Mods
1. Fork and Shock Springs to match your weight.
2. FLEXX Bars
3. Seat

Free Mods

1. Spend some time getting your carb adjusted (at least as best you can with the OEM jetting).

Must Do Mods

1. Skid Plate - Hyde Racing works great, but don't mention that name on the Orange Site.

2. Hand Guards/Brush Guards - Cycra ProBend. Don't waste your $$$ on EE/MOOSE guards.

3. Radiator Guards - Bullet Proof Designs. Don't waste your $$$ on EE/MOOSE guards.

4. Chain Guide - BRP

Performance Mods

1. JD Jetting Kit - Another choice is to read through jetting forums to see what else you can use instead of the JD Kit.

2. Steahly FWW

Comfort Mods

2. FLEXX Bars

3. Seat

I have been running moose guards for 15 years, same set.lol must have rad guards? Sp? Why?

Free Mods

Must Do Mods

2. Hand Guards/Brush Guards - Cycra ProBend.  Don't waste your $$$ on EE/MOOSE guards.

3. Radiator Guards - Bullet Proof Designs.  Don't waste your $$$ on EE/MOOSE guards.

4. Chain Guide - BRP

Performance Mods

2. Steahly FWW

Comfort Mods

2. FLEXX Bars

3. Seat

thanks for the input, How much do the flex bars help never been around a pair? also what weight fww you running I just ordered an 11oz. I have a jd jet kit on the way and it has an fmf gnarly too. what seat do you have? is it softer then the stock one? thanks nick

thanks for the input, How much do the flex bars help never been around a pair? also what weight fww you running I just ordered an 11oz. I have a jd jet kit on the way and it has an fmf gnarly too. what seat do you have? is it softer then the stock one? thanks nick

Got the FLEXX Bars after having shoulder surgery to repair torn rotator cuff.  After getting the FLEXX Bars, no more wrist, elbow, shoulder, or upper back problems.  Maybe it's just a coincidence. 

I'm using the 9oz. fww.  For me, anything heavier would be too much. 

Got the JD kit only because of a trip out west where I'd be changing elevation from home @ 900' to CO @ 10,000-12,000' to Moab, UT @ 4,000-6,000' back to CO @ 10,000' and then home @ 900' all in the course of ten days.  I got all the jets/needles that I needed in one box.  Plus, JD was only a phone call or email away for advice.

For the seat, anything is better than OEM.  For me it was the "soft" seat as I spend more time than I should sitting vs standing on the pegs while riding.

BTW - Found out the hard way that the EE/MOOSE radiator guards don't work when I crinkled the right radiator of my trips to Moab.  Same thing with the hand guards.  One of my many, many tip overs.

Got the FLEXX Bars after having shoulder surgery to repair torn rotator cuff.  After getting the FLEXX Bars, no more wrist, elbow, shoulder, or upper back problems.  Maybe it's just a coincidence. 

I'm using the 9oz. fww.  For me, anything heavier would be too much. 

Got the JD kit only because of a trip out west where I'd be changing elevation from home @ 900' to CO @ 10,000-12,000' to Moab, UT @ 4,000-6,000' back to CO @ 10,000' and then home @ 900' all in the course of ten days.  I got all the jets/needles that I needed in one box.  Plus, JD was only a phone call or email away for advice.

For the seat, anything is better than OEM.  For me it was the "soft" seat as I spend more time than I should sitting vs standing on the pegs while riding.

BTW - Found out the hard way that the EE/MOOSE radiator guards don't work when I crinkled the right radiator of my trips to Moab.  Same thing with the hand guards.  One of my many, many tip overs.

okay thanks for the input. I am going to try the 11 and if its too much my dad is a machinist  so I will have him cut it down to 9. the bike came with cycra hand gaurds and some radiator gaurds that look stout not sure what brand. I would like a softer seat too I think what brand to you use? I ordered the jd jet kit off the internet it was 70 bucks hopefully it was the right one, I live and ride in Missouri only.

I have a 2011 xc-w.

Best mods

race tech suspension front and back was a big help (I'm 6 1 & 180 lbs so maybe a little heavy for stock stuff)

ktm tall seat - wish I would have got the extra tall - I try to stand and it makes the transition from sitting to standing easier

higher bend bars

radiator guards, skid plate - not flashy but a must have

Least favourite mods

rekluse - not sure it really need it and pretty pricey although it does come in handy at the end of long rides when I'm getting a little lazy

Next on the list

better hand guards - I still have the stock ones that I have broke and just re-drilled holes to make fit

might try the head mod next time I do the piston

Great bike.

I have a 2011 xc-w.

Best mods

race tech suspension front and back was a big help (I'm 6 1 & 180 lbs so maybe a little heavy for stock stuff)

ktm tall seat - wish I would have got the extra tall - I try to stand and it makes the transition from sitting to standing easier

higher bend bars

radiator guards, skid plate - not flashy but a must have

Least favourite mods

rekluse - not sure it really need it and pretty pricey although it does come in handy at the end of long rides when I'm getting a little lazy

Next on the list

better hand guards - I still have the stock ones that I have broke and just re-drilled holes to make fit

might try the head mod next time I do the piston

Great bike.

sweet thanks for the input. I am glad you said your least favorite mod was the recluse I have considered saving up for one but there so high and im not a racer. I could buy a lot of other parts for the bike for the price of one. I have the cycra hand gaurds they seem pretty sweet.

Most mods were there from previous owner, but I really like the JD jetting and z-start rekluse, makes riding more fun for me.

Left hand rear brake :thumbsup: