CRF rear brake cylinder?

Hello everyone,

My bike's stock rear brake reservoir has been bulging ever since, making the rear brake more or less unusable.

I temporarily fixed it by whacking a piece of metal into the shape of an U and putting it over the reservoir. However, this looks like crap and I'd rather have a brake (reservoir) that works properly without any kind of bracket to sustain its shape.

I've heard of people putting a Honda CRF450 (250 also?) rear brake cylinder on their DRZs. Allegedly, it's a(n almost) straight bolt-on...

Now the thing is, I have these (neat!) CRD frame savers:

frame_dr400.jpg

The banjo bolt from the brake line goes right behind the second horizontal slit (from top), whereas the brake reservoir goes behind the topmost one.

I'm worrying that the CRF brake cylinder might not fit behind these frame guards:

DSCN9969.JPG

Here's what it looks like from above:

CRF450_1648.jpg

Considering how slim the thing is, I think it should totally fit!

As you can see, the reservoir part barely extends "outwards", as in towards the frame guard... No more or just little more than the brake cylinder itself.

So, is there anyone who has been there and done that? The pictures of the CRF rear brake aren't mine, if they were, I'd just go and find out. ?

Kind regards,

Paul

Edited by Paul_

Someone? Anyone? :x

Mate... your looking for the one in a million person that has done a swap few do, on a bike that is not that popular any longer with regards to how it will work out with a set of aftermarket frame guards most have never seen or heard of. 

It will take some fiddling with, a spacer here, washer there, remove some meterial from the CRF master cylinder banjo bolt stop is also likely needed. 

• Like 2

I'm one in a million person then ?

I have CRF master cylinder and CRD frame quards, so it can be done.

No spacers needed.

If I rember correctly (did it few years ago) some material needs to be removed from banjo bolt stop

• Like 2

I'm one in a million person then ?

I have CRF master cylinder and CRD frame quards, so it can be done.

No spacers needed.

If I rember correctly (did it few years ago) some material needs to be removed from banjo bolt stop

Woah. You just made my day! Thanks a lot! ?