Sign in to follow this  

LHRB

Now that I have the Rekluse I want to ditch the foot brake and install a LHRB on my 13 model. The stock AJP master should be the right size for this job but it is mineral oil. Has anyone done this? Did you put the DOT fluid rebuild kit in the master cylinder or did it work with the stock cylinder? Also, what's the best way to block the clutch slave?

Now that I have the Rekluse I want to ditch the foot brake and install a LHRB on my 13 model. The stock AJP master should be the right size for this job but it is mineral oil. Has anyone done this? Did you put the DOT fluid rebuild kit in the master cylinder or did it work with the stock cylinder? Also, what's the best way to block the clutch slave?

YOu may find it easiest to just install the entire Rekluse LHRB kit. It uses what is essentially an enlarged mountain bike master cylinder and small diameter line into a special cap for the rear brake master cylinder.

I don't want to keep the foot pedal, I have issues that kep me from using the pedal effectively, the hand brake seems like a good answer. The master cylinder is normal size for a brake mc so power should be fine. The dual actuated ones I have felt were a little weak. 

I'm surprised that the stock AJP clutch MC is mineral oil, as the stock AJP MC on my '09 Beta is brake fluid.  For my LHRB setup I simply connected the clutch line to the rear brake line to the caliper with an adaptor manifold and dispensed with the foot brake.  This setup works like a champ.

Yeah, unfortunately it's mineral oil, they have a rebuild kit for both, as I understand the only difference is the seals. I would probably be better off to go ahead and put the DOT kit in in rather than lose my rear bake in the woods somewhere.

What's the best way to block off the slave cylinder?