Sign in to follow this  

things to do to xcf for motocross?

ok keep your "sell it and get an sxf" comments.... ok so im wondering what are some things i should do to my xcf to make it better for mx... im already going to get my suspension done, getting it remapped with sxf mapping, and changing the sprocket to make it accelerate faster. what are some other things i should have done?

Header pipe and airfilter. Also ditch the oem batt for lithium and increase the rear wheel from an 18 to 19"

whats wrong with the air filter and 18" wheel also do i have to get a slip on if i get a header?

U can ditch the backfire screen with a new twin air filter and the header can be used with the oem muffler...

The larger dia rear wheel will help reduce on tire flexin during tight corners. But impacts may bend the rim, its a toss between protection and cornering...

U can ditch the backfire screen with a new twin air filter and the header can be used with the oem muffler...

The larger dia rear wheel will help reduce on tire flexin during tight corners. But impacts may bend the rim, its a toss between protection and cornering...

do i have to get it re mapped for the air filter? and il just stick with the 18 inch rim it does fine for me... also you know any cheap headers?

Edited by Sitzpinkler

Short of suspension, unless your chasing a championship in Pro class I wouldn't do much. The bikes are pretty dam good the way they come.......

Like mentioned before the 18 vs 19 is a wash but for 89% of the riding world it wouldn't make any difference. The exhaust and airfilter will add a HP or 2 but not life changing....

Short of suspension, unless your chasing a championship in Pro class I wouldn't do much. The bikes are pretty dam good the way they come.......

Like mentioned before the 18 vs 19 is a wash but for 89% of the riding world it wouldn't make any difference. The exhaust and airfilter will add a HP or 2 but not life changing....

yea but im currently 6 foot 6 220lbs so i think i need new suspension... i was going to get it revalved and new springs 

Edited by Sitzpinkler

Just fyi, the fmf megabomb does NOT work with the oem ktm mufflers. There is a lip on the inside on the muffler that prevents it from sliding in enough for the bolt holes to line up.

megabomb is to expensive for me lol

yea but im currently 6 foot 6 220lbs so i think i need new suspension... i was going to get it revalved and new springs 

Ya, I was saying get the suspension done and just ride it.

Fastway footpegs are nice too. They really open up the cockpit without adding the added seat height......

I just did springs for my weight and it works every bit as good as a SX model. Heck I actually like it better!!

but it cost just about the same to get the springs as it does to do both

for the twin air filter do i have to get the power flow kit?

I think that the engine, mapping and exhaust on the XC-F and SX are the same. At least on my '13. The only difference being tank size (2.2 gal V's 1.8 gal), rear wheel (18" V's 19"), stator output a little higher on the XC-F and suspension a little softer (which you're fixing anyway). 

I think that the engine, mapping and exhaust on the XC-F and SX are the same. At least on my '13. The only difference being tank size (2.2 gal V's 1.8 gal), rear wheel (18" V's 19"), stator output a little higher on the XC-F and suspension a little softer (which you're fixing anyway). 

im not 100% sure but il ask the dealer if its the same mapping for 2011