I know they are all very similar but I saw in another thread that the ricochet is a little more protective, specifically of the hose on the right side of the bike.  It is also $50 cheaper.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

http://soloracerdotcom.stores.yahoo.net/crf250lskid.html  VS  http://shopusa.emperorracing.com/p/honda-crf250l-heavy-duty-skid-plate/choose-your-bike_honda_crf250l_2014?pp=24

Emperor looks ugly...

which skid plate do you like?

Looks aside, what do the 'air vent' slots do for the plate.  I would think it would allow debris to get in there and such, but I really have no idea. 

The ricochet is pretty solid, no holes other than for oil etc in the bottom and the emperor has lots of slits

I have a flatlands and while it fits perfect and looks good ... I just find that an aluminum plate can echo or reverb and quit frankly drives me nuts on the street ....  :banghead:

So I upgraded to a plastic Moose plate ... I have not installed it yet because it is all snowy and fricken cold outside ....  :rant:

The Moose is real thick and based on these pic's and holding the part ... I will be very happy ...  ?

AXPJ.jpg

AXPK.jpg

This is the flatlands that will be coming off .... as you can see it is a very nice plate. Maybe a guy could use some foam to insulate and use some rubber to mount it ? 

flatland-racing-skid-plate-crf250l.jpg

• Like 1

I was looking at the moose plate too gnath but from the pictures it looked like the water hose (or whatever that left side hose is) is a tad more protected with the emperor plate.  The moose is probably way lighter though, and just as strong.  About the same price.  Its a tough decision, I have heard some shi**y stories about busted water hose ruining a ride and forcing several miles of hiking out with the bike.  Something I would like to avoid. 

The difference between the moose and emperor hose coverage seems very similar being only slightly better with the emperor.  The Ricochet has the best hose protection and would have the be the strongest since there are no holes (but might also be the heaviest)  The ricochet also does not protect as much of the bottom of the bike as the moose or emperor.

I have all the specs and info (pretty much)  I just don't know which is best to go with for me! 

For moose owners, how would you say it protects the water hose on the left.  From pictures of the emperor and ricochet how would you say they compare?  Is my assessment from pictures alone be accurate?

If the moose has decent coverage of the water hose from impact and laying the bike down then I think I would go with that one.  It seems like it does from the pictures but can't be sure

Edited by New2Moto

The moose racing skid plate is simply amazing ?  . The special material it is made out of gives it a smooth feeling when coming into contact with rocks, stumps, and sticks. I highly recommend the product and it is worth every penny!      

I could not agree more ... and another thing to think about is that ........... an aluminum skid plate will bend and bash and conform to the shape of what ever it is bashed upon ....

plastic will retain its shape and form....  :prof:

please do not mis-understand .... buy what you like and make it yours and share with the world ...  :banana:

Edited by gnath9

It does look more sturdy over all, more bottom coverage but less left side coverage of that hose.  Is that something I should care about?

Yes and no. I guess if your planning on being on your side a lot then ya, I could see better side protection being of value but most people don't fall over all the time, so I think you'd be alright....

Yes and no. I guess if your planning on being on your side a lot then ya, I could see better side protection being of value but most people don't fall over all the time, so I think you'd be alright....

I could very well be.  this is my first bike lol  but it looks like the Ricochet has the most side protection, then moose, then emperor. 

Moose and emperor seem to be the higher quality ones although there seems to be nothing wrong with the ricochet.  In another thread I saw that emperor has 3 week lead times for shipping so I dont know if I want to wait that long, Although I have decided to go with emperors rad guard so I will have to wait for that anyway.

AHHH i dont know, I am having the same problem deciding on boots.  I used all my decisive energies purchasing the bike and all my street gear :banghead:

The rad guard was chosen due to process of elimination.  emperors seems to be the only one that has a side bracket.  and reenforced side impact bar

I could very well be.  this is my first bike lol  but it looks like the Ricochet has the most side protection, then moose, then emperor. 

Moose and emperor seem to be the higher quality ones although there seems to be nothing wrong with the ricochet.  In another thread I saw that emperor has 3 week lead times for shipping so I dont know if I want to wait that long, Although I have decided to go with emperors rad guard so I will have to wait for that anyway.

AHHH i dont know, I am having the same problem deciding on boots.  I used all my decisive energies purchasing the bike and all my street gear :banghead:

The rad guard was chosen due to process of elimination.  emperors seems to be the only one that has a side bracket.  and reenforced side impact bar

The rad guards are gnarly. I run them on all my bikes....

20131014_160803_zps2e9568ca.jpg

• Like 2