Sign in to follow this  

odd graphics on a 2000 yz125

so i traded a friend a few pistols for this bike, ( which was blown) so i fixed the top end but i keep wondering...where the hell did these graphics/plastics come from? ive tried researching that site that comes up but to no avail, nada. does anyone know if these are super old or something? its in great condition though. also, im not too knowledgeable about aftermarket bike part brands, looks like a tapered something set of bars, fmf pipe and v force reed 3 valves? any of this good? id like to know if i got myself a nice little bike or not, thanks! ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1391846512.974113.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1391846532.959740.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1391846558.505211.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1391846799.256087.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1391846810.411912.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like you did good! Just find some blue plastics and take those orange parts to the bead blaster. Just curious, what pistols did u give up for it?

I have never seen those graphics before. The orange ignition and clutch covers are slightly nauseating but overall I dig it. Fwiw the 96-01 yz125s are pretty good bikes for their age.

2000 Acebris offered a orange kit like that think those aren't the orginal graphics kit it came with they also had yellow cr plastics and blue kx and red.rm

i traded him an old 91 p85 and a public defender, and i was thinking i could bash these graphics up as i get used to the bike then maybe get some stock yamaha plastics and graphics, how much would they run me about?

also, is there anything i could tune up/buy to add for the low end power? i know its a two stroke and all but this one seems to lack the real oomph other two strokes have for low end.

also, is there anything i could tune up/buy to add for the low end power? i know its a two stroke and all but this one seems to lack the real oomph other two strokes have for low end.

Typically, when a 125 is showing signs of not having much low-end power, it's a sign that it's time for a new Piston & Rings.

Especially the Yamaha, as it has pretty decent low-end.

Of course, it could have been "ported" for more top-end or something similar.

You can buy all kinds of things to increase the low-end, but I would start with Piston & Rings first.

Do you know the condition of the top-end?

What does the compression measure out too?

• Like 1

i traded him an old 91 p85 and a public defender, and i was thinking i could bash these graphics up as i get used to the bike then maybe get some stock yamaha plastics and graphics, how much would they run me about?

Front and rear fenders are usually around $20 each, side panels and shrouds are around $30 a pair, and a front plate is probably around $15. As for lacking low end, definitely check the top end. The pipe and v-force should have helped in that area.

hmm well i just replaced the piston rings bearing and gasket the other day, and has maybe 2 hours on it. used a BPR9EG plug i think. would weather matter? it was around 25 degrees outside.

Cold weather would help it run a lil better. What gearing is on it? Maybe add a few teeth to the rear.

i think its stock gearing, and its a br9eg. im not trying to race this thing, just recreational riding. i have a ttr 225 2001 but ill give that to my gf since its a little more forgiving on the clutch, but not enough power for me. what gear ratio would you guys go for? just an extra tooth on the rear?