Sign in to follow this  

2006 kx450f exhaust questions?

I was goin to do a full exhaust upgrade on my bike..of course the new rave is the megabomb w fmf slip on..I saw a thread somewhere though w riders saying the stock header was jst as good.if not better than the mega and power bomb..anyone have some insight on tht..and some actual megabombers.? Cpl buddies have em on their crfs they swear by em.!

Iv had all kinds of different full pipes hmf, pro circet, yoshimura, and fmf. Fmf is my first pick an yoshi next. The megabomb is better than the powercore IMO and definitely a lot better than stock!

09 yfz450r

09 kx450f

On your bike the mega or power bomb will give you a noticeably stronger mid to topend. The only downside is you will notice a loss in low end torque. But in my experience you will have a loss of lowend with any aftermarket pipe. 

See I have a buddy w megabomb and fmf silencer.and other has megabomb and yoshi. I had jst read a thread on here tht some were saying it was hard to beat kawi exhaust set-up. .now I did read on the new ones the exhaust is pretty top notch. .but.also..wht toy du u buy and NOT du an exhaust swap.???

See I have a buddy w megabomb and fmf silencer.and other has megabomb and yoshi. I had jst read a thread on here tht some were saying it was hard to beat kawi exhaust set-up. .now I did read on the new ones the exhaust is pretty top notch. .but.also..wht toy du u buy and NOT du an exhaust swap.???

Wow..what the heck does that say?

Five years ago I had an FMF on my 2009 YZ250F and it rattled loose and made weird noises. I called FMF and they refused to sell me parts they were low on inventory for unless I was someone they sponsored. That was the last pipe I bought up until a month ago. Just as crappy in my books. The spark arrestor rattled and the can was an inch off from lining up, I had to put pressure on the subframe to get it on. Never again will I buy an FMF. Replaced with a Pro circuit Ti6, happy so far. I've always had good luck with yoshimura too.

Edited by duhameister

Honestly I haven't put aftermarket exhaust on my bikes in years. I quite spending the money when i noticed that i was no longer gaining any power. The last bike i put an aftermarket exhaust on was my 07 kx250f. My yz125 has a pro circuit pipe and i wish i could find a stock pipe for it. My 2007 rm250 has the stock pipe because jetting was a bitch with a FMF pipe it had on it... When it came to my 08 kx450f i lost bottom end when i put a FMF 4.1 system on it. I ended up taking it off and selling it used on ebay. I've been saving my money on exhaust systems and getting my suspension tuned instead. Having a working suspension makes me a lot faster rider than any 1-2 HP gain from a pipe.

I just wish Dasa made exhausts for bikes! Iv been considering calling them and seeing how much they would charge me to have one custom made for my kx.

09 yfz450r

09 kx450f