Sign in to follow this  

2013 crf 450 mods

I had been working on a 2013 crf 450 this week. It has a 13.5-1 J&E piston, my 2013 cnc port , my cam and valve springs. This is the RHC 23 mx cam that we also used for dirt track. The first thing we found was that the stock ecu limits the RPMs to 10,800 rpm and seriously hurts the performance for dirt track or SM racing. We also installed a new 50 mm TB and a mototasanari with a modded stack,  the ecu was replaced with a vortex ecu.  We found the best setting to be #8 the hi comp power map and setting the hi fuel to 9 and the lo and mid to #1 setting lean. We also had vp 110 fuel all the other vortex settings were down 3 hp.  We were able to pull 61 hp with this set up and make power flat to 11000 rpm and still reving out to 11700 rpm. This may help any body using my kits and will probally apply to other engines using similar parts on the 2013 and newer bikes.

• Like 3

That's darn good for only a 13.5:1 piston with a non-oxygenated fuel! Good job!

Edited by Eddie8v

vortex map8 and you adjusted the fuel with just the vortex fuel tuners,instead of a custom map.Are you going to burn a custom tune & raise the rev. limiter or are you happy with the preprogramed maps from vortex?

Edited by galligar

They won't make an Air4orce for the 13-14. I had everyone I know contact them to show interest, but they said no. If you can get them to make one please let us know. I am using the K&N right now for Supermoto and is noticeable,  Don't really trust it for dirt riding though. I use the twin air for tracks with a dusty dirt section.

Yea I didn't realize they weren't making it for this bike. That's really stupid. Any idea why they're choosing not to make one?

Edited by fineblackline

Maybe they could not make a big enough difference/improvement over the stock parts for those model years? 

vortex map8 and you adjusted the fuel with just the vortex fuel tuners,instead of a custom map.Are you going to burn a custom tune & raise the rev. limiter or are you happy with the preprogramed maps from vortex?

there was only 1 map that made hp the rest were tuned down the rev limiter is up to 11700 on that map yes I will have my own vortex maps eventually

Maybe they could not make a big enough difference/improvement over the stock parts for those model years? 

the 2012 mototasanari fits the 2013 and 14 I modify the velocity stacks to get different power

How did you mount the 2013 EFI system with that 50mm TB? Specifically how did you mount the bracket that, on the stock 46mm TB, bolts to the TB and holds the capacitor & reg/rect.? Custom bracket?

Edited by Eddie8v
  • Like 1