1977 KE-125

Hey guys I just picked up a 1977 KE-125 for cheap. I was thinking it will make a great winter project, but now that I have got it home I need that little start line like you see in the commercial. Before I bought it I made sure it had compression, spark, and most of the parts. The cables are going to need replace along with other items due to age. My question is where should I start before I dump anymore money into this bike? Are there any components that are not longer available that if this bike doesn't have I shouldn't start?

Post some pics of the bike. I'd start with getting the engine up and running if it isnt already , then go from there.

Post some pics of the bike. I'd start with getting the engine up and running if it isnt already , then go from there.

Yep getting it running first, buy the parts you need to get it running, then spend money on other parts (suspension ect..) to make it look pretty.  If you need a bit of help watch my two videos on the subject.  They will show you the basic things you MUST do to get the bike running.  It won't take too much money just to get it running as long as it is not stuck or doesn't already have major engine damage.

Getting an old bike running part 1

Getting an old bike running part 2 (the payoff!)