Sign in to follow this  

Another Valve Job Question

I'm getting ready to do a top end on my 06 CRF250r. I want to change out the valves to stainless steel but have a few questions.

1. It's my understanding the exhaust valves are already stainless from the factory, so it seems fair to say that I just need to replace the intakes? and just recut the exhaust to freshen them.

2. What brand, other than Kibble and White, are top quality valves.

3. Can I use my factory springs, etc?

Thanks!

I'm getting ready to do a top end on my 06 CRF250r. I want to change out the valves to stainless steel but have a few questions.

1. It's my understanding the exhaust valves are already stainless from the factory, so it seems fair to say that I just need to replace the intakes? and just recut the exhaust to freshen them.

2. What brand, other than Kibble and White, are top quality valves.

3. Can I use my factory springs, etc?

Thanks!

When and if I decide to use SS valves again I want to get one of these intake kits that have all the parts included you need.

http://www.cvproducts.com/Powersports/Products/X2%20Valvetrain/X2%20Valve%20Kits/

The OEM exh valves are a two piece combination using steel and stainless steel that last a long time. Often times the exh valves are touched up or lightly re ground by a machine shop just to get a smooth clean seating surface.

Make sure to get the valve seats in the head re cut before installing new valves, there are quite a few places to send a head when needing the seats recut, if you do a search you'll probably find alot of opinions on the subject.

Edited by TDW