2003 yz125 steering stem dust seals

I am replacing my steering stem bearings and the All Balls kit I bought came with three dust seals. The largest one I know will sit on top of the top bearing, but I'm stumped on the two smaller ones. Looking at the OEM part diagram it only mentions the one too dust seal. Looking at the old bearings it seems the lower bearing might of had a dust seal integrated into it as one piece. I'm thinking one should be under the lower bearing before the bearing is pressed on, is this correct? If so, what do I do with the second smaller dust seal?

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1391884471.629293.jpg

I had the same dilemma when i got my kit as well.

i assumed it was a spare :p

One goes underneath the lower stem bearing, as it is not integrated into the lower bearing at all. Then the stem assembly gets intstalled into the frame, and then upper bearing, which then has the next seal sitting on top of it, then a washer, and then the uppermost "dust" seal goes on top of the complete assembly. Your manual should show this in better detail than what I've described.

One goes underneath the lower stem bearing, as it is not integrated into the lower bearing at all. Then the stem assembly gets intstalled into the frame, and then upper bearing, which then has the next seal sitting on top of it, then a washer, and then the uppermost "dust" seal goes on top of the complete assembly. Your manual should show this in better detail than what I've described.

My manual doesn't even seem to show the bottom dust seal... lol

1780745_602059499865010_1404780831_n.jpg

Hmmmmmm........................................ perhaps they use that "kit" on multiple models, some of which might use all of the seals! That's my current guess!!! :p

i have the kit too.......when i took off the metal top seal there was no rubber seal under it..........but the bottom has a seal .............go figure............so the top stock metal seal is all you need for the top?

Edited by sjsingle1