Sign in to follow this  

Washington EMXP 2014 Event Schedule

I'm a pretty experienced old guy trail rider, but not a MX'r.  I would like to give it a try as it can only improve my skills in the woods or at the D100.  How MX newbie friendly are the practices?  Are they  held pretty consistent with the calendar, or is it a call before you haul scenario?  Thanks

It's all Fun-n-Games until. That's where I broke my back on one of the weirdest doubles I've ever seen ( i'm sure they have changed it by now) Bottom line is don't get cocky before you are comfortable w/ being airborne. MX is fun but it is ALL about being in the air and sooner or later you will make a mistake. In my humble opinion Hannegan is the most "Beginner Friendly" track in the area, but then again I haven't tried them all.

I'm looking at an Inaugural ride at Walker by April, maybe you and Willy could babysit me? I think James B might be there too after his New Yrs debacle.

• Like 1

It's all Fun-n-Games until. That's where I broke my back on one of the weirdest doubles I've ever seen ( i'm sure they have changed it by now) Bottom line is don't get cocky before you are comfortable w/ being airborne. MX is fun but it is ALL about being in the air and sooner or later you will make a mistake. In my humble opinion Hannegan is the most "Beginner Friendly" track in the area, but then again I haven't tried them all.

I'm looking at an Inaugural ride at Walker by April, maybe you and Willy could babysit me? I think James B might be there too after his New Yrs debacle.

Absolutely Ken, as long as it isn't the D100 weekend in April.  I'm not sure if I've met James B., but bring him along.  As long as I'm with,  you won't have to worry about going too fast too soon. 

As far as MX'ing I don't know if I would ever get to the point of doubling anything.  I did the Dirty Dog a couple of times at Hannegan and got a few laps on the track and I liked it. No big kickers or surprises on the jumps and they were all pretty reasonably sized.  I also rode a couple times at the Oak Harbor MX track, but I have been told by experienced riders that its very unforgiving and it sure felt that way to me.  I'm all about taking baby steps.  

chezdude,

You would have a great time at Evergreen.  They have a range of obstacles for your skill.  I think the place is welcoming and the tracker owners/workers are very approachable, except this one lady who takes your money at the gate (a strange one). 

An added bonus, they have an Endurocross course for when you need a break from the track.

I will be going up regularly this year, join me!

Chris

• Like 1

chezdude,

You would have a great time at Evergreen.  They have a range of obstacles for your skill.  I think the place is welcoming and the tracker owners/workers are very approachable, except this one lady who takes your money at the gate (a strange one). 

An added bonus, they have an Endurocross course for when you need a break from the track.

I will be going up regularly this year, join me!

Chris

It sounds fun Chris,  I will probably work it out so I can hit the track after work since I'm usually working near Everett anyway.  A lot better than a dedicated trip from Oak Harbor. I'll definitely give you a shout.  Great ride this weekend BTW.

Yea...Think I'm going to pass on this, I crash enough in the woods in front of you guys, can't imagine how embarrassing it would be to do it in front of a large group, besides, I've seen Kaptenken's bruised body ain't no way I want to turn myself into a grape like he did.

Let me know when you're ready to ride Kap'n I'll hit the woods with you just as long as it's not April 5th & 6th :naughty:

Not to worry Willy, MX tracks can be fun as long as you take the time to check things out first...and don't get behind Maria Forsberg and think you might catch her. I'll keep u posted on my 1st ride plans...certainly won't be doing any D100 action

Well that explains everything right there, this is the first I have heard of you being behind Maria Forsberg, it's no wonder you crashed Kap'n you simply didn't have your eyes on the track :devil:  :naughty:

I'm a pretty experienced old guy trail rider, but not a MX'r. I would like to give it a try as it can only improve my skills in the woods or at the D100. How MX newbie friendly are the practices? Are they held pretty consistent with the calendar, or is it a call before you haul scenario? Thanks

It's a great place to ride. I'm 41 and the track is very ridable. They typically run Tuesday through Thursday and occasionally will run weekend practices. They are pretty good about keeping you updated if the track is closed due to weather.

• Like 1

Not to worry Willy, MX tracks can be fun as long as you take the time to check things out first...and don't get behind Maria Forsberg and think you might catch her. I'll keep u posted on my 1st ride plans...certainly won't be doing any D100 action

She's an Electrician in my local.  I keep hoping I'll end up on a job with her. 

• Like 1