thinking about making the switch to yellow

They made some changes to the 2010. Frame throttle body etc.. It is still the same bike but the 10-12 are sweet bikes... DeCosters last Zooks as I like to refer to them. If course a set up 09 is going to be a fantastic bike still.....and I think after the 09CRF 450 no contest.

• Like 1

Yah boring? I never rode the 09 so I could be wrong but if it is lacking any explosiveness wouldn't one more tooth out back add some snap? I agree its not the most exciting motor stock but man you can really ride the bike and keep it under you longer. I like to race Southwick and the 12 motor is fantastic there....last year I ran the FMF 4.1 with stock gearing. I was not bored;)

Edited by mikerides33
  • Like 1

im not worried about how good the motor is. I don't think a lot of us even use the full power of a 450. im more interested in the handling. I like my Honda just am not very comfortable in the corners.

Its easy to make any bike fast, or more explosive...almost impossible to make a fast bike handle better.  I think you will love the RMZ, its the best platform out there.

• Like 2

Well, I didn't make a switch but I have an 09 and I love it. I have to agree on the explosive comment. IT IS!  It handles sweet. I have a buddy that rides an 04 CRF450 and he can't even come close to me in the corners. We are about even on an MX track, he's prob a little faster but I can easily catch him or lengthen my lead in the corners.

I went up one tooth in the rear because I do ride trails and ST. This way I can get out of 1st gear more often.

I'm not a pro so in my case any 450 would probably seem explosive. ?

I do have Eibach front and rear springs. Only other mod is Pro Circuit Ti-4.

1_zps5388d2d1.jpg

• Like 1

Well, I didn't make a switch but I have an 09 and I love it. I have to agree on the explosive comment. IT IS!  It handles sweet. I have a buddy that rides an 04 CRF450 and he can't even come close to me in the corners. We are about even on an MX track, he's prob a little faster but I can easily catch him or lengthen my lead in the corners.

I went up one tooth in the rear because I do ride trails and ST. This way I can get out of 1st gear more often.

I'm not a pro so in my case any 450 would probably seem explosive. ?

I do have Eibach front and rear springs. Only other mod is Pro Circuit Ti-4.

1_zps5388d2d1.jpg

I have ridden honda since i started riding, Still have a CRF450X, Anyway I swapped and now have a 06 RMZ-450 for the track and the handling is so much better. doesnt have as much power as the CRF450 (its really only shows on a flat wide open full throttle situation) but more than makes up for it in the way it handles.

Edited by ZeroG56

im thinking of making the switch to a rmz. right now I have a 2009 crf450 and thinking of getting a 2009 rmz450. wondering if anyone has made the switch from Honda to rmz and if they did if they what their imput is on it.

I had the 09 crf450 and didn't like it,It felt weird to me.I currenty have a 08 rmz450 and love it.The Honda felt a bit lighter but the thing always stalled,clutch felt weird.

• Like 1

I had the 09 crf450 and didn't like it,It felt weird to me.I currenty have a 08 rmz450 and love it.The Honda felt a bit lighter but the thing always stalled,clutch felt weird.

thanks for your imput. that's what I was looking for. someone who had the same bike as me that switched. did you have any problems with it in the corners? for me it just seemed everytime I I would try to come in the corners fast the bike couldn't settle down.

Once I got the sag right the crf cornered very well.I had the rg3 linkage on mine and the suspenion done by them as well.The cornering was one of the things that I liked about the Honda and found that the more sag I had ,the better it would corner,for example 110mm was better than 95mm,way better.

I would say if you like the bike and the only thing you don't like about it is the cornering,you should stick with it and get the suspension dialed.
              The things I didn't like about the 09 crf where the clutch,abrupt lite switch type power and the general fit.

Edited by bryce716