Sign in to follow this  

Cagiva WMX-125 specs?

My brother bought a vintage bike a year ago and recently he decided to rebuild the clutch on it.(opened up a can of worms!) Well short and simple we want to know what the torque specs on the clutch springs are because (as luck would have it) the manual that came with the bike didn't tell. Any help guy's? It'd be very appreciated! :D

which model year,

if you are NOT sure.., chain on LEFT by gear shifter/ or chain on Right by rear brake pedal,

the 85 to 89 bikes ( became husky's ) were VERY close to Honda CR design, the the figures will be similar,

1st though.., look at Halls husqvarna for the 1988 Husky WRK 125 parts / maint PDF,

Charlie

Edited by varesecrazy
  • Like 1

which model year,

if you are NOT sure.., chain on LEFT by gear shifter/ or chain on Right by rear brake pedal,

the 85 to 89 bikes ( became husky's ) were VERY close to Honda CR design, the the figures will be similar,

1st though.., look at Halls husqvarna for the 1988 Husky WRK 125 parts / maint PDF,

Charlie

The chains on the brake peddle side, the guy we got it from labeled the bike itself to be a 85-86, and the engine it a 85.

The chains on the brake peddle side, the guy we got it from labeled the bike itself to be a 85-86, and the engine it a 85.

yes that is the later model..that husqvarna took over and re-badged WRK in 1987,

I had my WMX 125GP 1985 model for 21 years, with the factory enduro KIT - exactly the same as the WRK ..,

so got used to the parts cross-overs,

Charlie

Well long story short we got it all back together and found that the clutch wouldn't engage with the bike in gear... So I looked at the oil that my brother put into her and noticed my 10w30 for my Kawi was missing. Well we drained all of that out and now it's running the proper stuff. She doesn't miss a beat and the clutch works flawless. It's amazing the power these old bikes have! Well after a long day we put her to rest to find out that coolant is in the oil now... Yep, just our luck. So now the question is, what seal and bearing work for this bike and does anybody know how to manage them?

Edited by Kx100TrailBoy

Hi again,

sounds like the top end is still good..!!,

never touched mine after an initial rebuild on purchase..,

sounds as if your brother isn't a professional mechanic..,

presumably he's either damaged a seal / o-ring.., or put something together incorrectly,

Charlie

• Like 1

"sounds as if your brother isn't a professional mechanic"

Yeah he isn't. I'm younger and even I know more about the rebuild of bikes than him. We'll take a look into her this afternoon soon enough! :D

• Like 1

Well from the initial rebuild, there was some residual water in the case from when my brother power washes the cases. Hopefully no harm done.

Well from the initial rebuild, there was some residual water in the case from when my brother power washes the cases. Hopefully no harm done.

I would run it for min. 30 mins, get it to full operating temperature,

then dump the oil and fill with fresh, -  will get rid of moisture AND other contaminants from rebuild..

then should last well,

Charlie

• Like 1

I would run it for min. 30 mins, get it to full operating temperature,

then dump the oil and fill with fresh, - will get rid of moisture AND other contaminants from rebuild..

then should last well,

Charlie

Yeah, we did a full flush out about 6 times. It seems like everything is back to the norm with this thing. All there's really to do is replace a chain slider and it's pretty much brand new.