FMF Q4, Powerbomb, and airbox mods.

I have *finally* gotten around to ordering the exhaust for my bike. Because sound irritates me, I decided on the FMF Q4, along with the Powerbomb header. I plan on opening up the airbox while I'm at it.

The bike runs great right now, with the NCVS needle, 45 pilot, 50 leak, and 165 main, for about 1400 feet elevation in Phoenix, AZ. Should I jump to a 170 main with the exhaust and airbox? Seems to be around what the guys with exhaust are running in the jetting database. I see that a lot of guys are also running the 165 main with an aftermarket exhaust, should I just leave it alone?

A friend has the Q4, he likes it, and I think it sounds good on his X. So I know what I'm getting.

I guess I'll just keep the 165 main, and see how it runs. Thanks for the comments.

Forgot to mention I have an RD adjustable fuel screw, not that it makes a difference.

A friend has the Q4, he likes it, and I think it sounds good on his X. So I know what I'm getting.

I guess I'll just keep the 165 main, and see how it runs. Thanks for the comments.

Forgot to mention I have an RD adjustable fuel screw, not that it makes a difference.

I've got the power bomb & Q4 on my 05X. It's alot better than stock & works great.

I put an 04R exhaust on and had my main at 165, I recently purchased a Dubach set-up and left the 165 and it ran good @ 2000-3000ft. I guess it wouldn't hurt to fatten her up a little @ a lower elevation but I would do it just for shits ang giggles, I think it will be fine @ 165. 

Im currently at a 170 with an 02R cam. :ride:

Edited by BolinJrsPit Crew

We just went through all this in the thread titled "2014 WR450"

Check it out. Or start your own it is impolite to hijack someones thread. :naughty:

Jus' Sayin' ?

I dare you to go over to the CA forum and say that.....you'll get singed. I did, daily, and finally gave up over there.

A bunch of Hyena's and Jackals waiting for prey, and playing 'chat-room-chicken' games.

• Like 1

Dude, it's brutal over there. Iv'e been lurking for a while, trying to get enough seat time to actually invite myself on one of those rides.

But yeah, I don't say to much. Thread jacking is common place and should not be discouraged in such a place.

P.S. Sorry for jacking this thread, where's my manners :devil: