FCR MX-39 first ride impressions

Like others have said,  INSTANT throttle response,    REALLY does lift up with ease in 1st and 2nd (no clutch, just pure power),  gets up to speed faster and pulls harder then the stock carb,   this really is a performance carb.

The stock mikuni is great imo,  it'll get to speed too,  but with the FCR you'll get there much quicker,  turned 1st and 2nd gear into monsters imo,   and it jumps from 60 to 80 mph really quick now,  does great both for bottom and top end. 

Once adjusted it idles nice and good,  starts up right away,   it really adds a lot of power,  in the trails if you wot it real quick it'll just spin,   on the street is where it really shines.  

Im not a jetting expert,  but it seemed to run really good the way it comes from TT for me set up (MRD/SSW 3X3 Hot Cams) 1200 elevation. 

Took it to the trails,  and on the freeway,  got to mid 90's with it,    its really strong,    loving it,   this bike is the SHIT for a 400!!   :ride:  ?  ?  :applause:

fcr.JPG

fcr1.JPG

• Like 18

Like others have said,  INSTANT throttle response,    REALLY does lift up with ease in 1st and 2nd (no clutch, just pure power),  gets up to speed faster and pulls harder then the stock carb,   this really is a performance carb.

The stock mikuni is great imo,  it'll get to speed too,  but with the FCR you'll get there much quicker,  turned 1st and 2nd gear into monsters imo,   and it jumps from 60 to 80 mph really quick now,  does great both for bottom and top end. 

Once adjusted it idles nice and good,  starts up right away,   it really adds a lot of power,  in the trails if you wot it real quick it'll just spin,   on the street is where it really shines.  

Im not a jetting expert,  but it seemed to run really good the way it comes from TT for me set up (MRD/SSW 3X3 Hot Cams) 1200 elevation. 

Took it to the trails,  and on the freeway,  got to mid 90's with it,    its really strong,    loving it,   this bike is the SHIT for a 400!!   :ride:  ?  ?  :applause:

Glad to hear the news.....looks like all that you wanted and more. Really glad to see it come together for ya!!  ?

• Like 1

M8

M8. 

:applause: HAPPY DAYS...... :cheers:  

Thanks for the Jetting advice Craigo,  you :aussy:  are allright,  no matter what they say about you  :D

Worth every penny!

Yep,  i always thought it was crazy expensive at almost $600 bucks!!  but now i know why it cost so much,  cause it works and yes,  worth every penny for sure.

Its instant bolt on HP IMHO. 

The stock mikuni works great,  but if you WOT it,  it starts going and then builds up speed as you move,  with the FCR it gets going right away and gets to speed much quicker,  it pulls harder for sure.

• Like 4

Its instant bolt on HP IMHO. 

The stock mikuni works great,  but if you WOT it,  it starts going and then builds up speed as you move,  with the FCR it gets going right away and gets to speed much quicker,  it pulls harder for sure.

You are correct young Ronald..lol....

A vacuum carb slide lift is based on incoming air flow, and the FCR slide lift is controlled with your wrist...and when you add an accelerator pump it's party time.... ?

Edited by Craigo 485sm
  • Like 1

Sounds amazing! I am thinking about joining the FCR club too but I am nervous that with the wide range of temperatures I ride in (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Anywhere from -5 to 35 C, 23-95 in F) it will be a hassle starting it up and changing around the jetting. Anyone have experience with the FCR in the cold? I heard it can be a pain.

Edited by Benny Rhymes
  • Like 1

Sounds amazing! I am thinking about joining the FCR club too but I am nervous that with the wide range of temperatures I ride in (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Anywhere from -5 to 35 C, 23-95 in F) it will be a hassle starting it up and changing around the jetting. Anyone have experience with the FCR in the cold? I heard it can be a pain.

Also interested in this. Weather is about the same here in nova Scotia. And can change pretty drastically from day to day Haha.

BB next ??

It will work well with the FCR

$394 shipped ...:devil:

M8 !

Where is this and what kit??

• Like 1

Also interested in this. Weather is about the same here in nova Scotia. And can change pretty drastically from day to day Haha.

Where is this and what kit??

This is what I got.........http://www.ebay.com/itm/CYLINDER-WORKS-BIG-BORE-KIT-434cc-SUZUKI-DRZ400-DRZ-400-E-K-S-SM-2000-2012-/221368764062

Pretty sure what the M8 is referring to.....

• Like 2