Sign in to follow this  

KDX200 1st 2 stroke?

Hey TT,

I have a friend who has been riding for 4 years now. He just sold his 125 4t and i was wondering, would a KDX200 be a good first 2t? If not, what bikes would you guys recommend? and please no CR80s or something similiar, hes 5'10" and 160lbs so and 80 is too small. Thanks in advance.

First of all, 80s 2 strokes are never too small haha.

I think that bike would be great for him. Just the weight and overall size would be a challenge to overcome. I have a friend who moved from a ttr125 to a kdx220 last summer and he's fine. They've got lots of torque down low, and got the speed too. Not too loud either. Great bikes.

Edited by WhatUsernameShouldIChoose

I went from a xr100 to a kdx200 and it was a great transition, it was huge for me and looked super intimidating but it was a good bike. Couldnt kill that bike either,

I would go that route. Other then a ttr 230. I'd choose a kdx 200 or a 125 2 stroke

Thanks guys, ill let him know what you think. I might even buy one myself, never owned one but theirs something abut them that i like.

Ive read on other sites that these bikes can go 90+ MPH. Is this true? if so im buying one, i love nothing more than going fast

I just looked at one today I was going to buy one. It would be my first 2t also. I loved the sound i could really tell it was a great bike I just didn't get it because it was old and torn up a bit. Over all it's a great bike. If your friend likes the woods the kdx is one of the best woods bike out on the market. They have disk break and really good suspension it's a really strong/durable bike. I'm going to get me one as long as I can find one in good shape.