Places to ride in Colorado

We are taking a trip from North Carolina out to Colorado in August. Where would some of y'all recommend riding in the southern part of Colorado up to Denver area?

Welcome to CO but need a little more specifics about what you are looking for.  Single track, gravel roads, touring?  CO has it all but it is a big state and its a long way from Trindad to Denver then you have the great SW CO. where the real riding is. Lake City, Silverton. South Fork, Creede. Check out ADV daytrippen.

A mix of every thing. I like to ride some single track but not extreme stuff. but not to much of single track because we have a Polaris rzr 800 and you can't take those on single track trails. Maybe some open dirt roads.

I would like to ride some high mountain passes. I was reading about the Santa Fe peak. Is that any good?

Santa Fe Peak  is a one way jeep road that peaks about 13,000 ft. I am sure you would find it exciting. Closer to Denver and I-70. Drive a little farther to Lake City, or Silverton and avoid the front range crowds.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Captn Kirk
      Three of us decided to get the heck out of the Midwest weather as we are suffering a bad case of the wife is driving us crazy right along with the cabin fever.  A couple of us have been to MOAB once before but we're only three and we like a bit larger group when the riders are fairly well matched.  However, and this may show what I DON'Y know about MOAB, the one day of riding I was able to do out there last year before having to head home for a family burial, it seems to me that the skill level required for most of MOAB is fairly dialed down compared to Taylor Park so matching up skill level as a group seems less an issue.  Now don't skin me alive if I am wrong, I already said I don't really know the area yet.  So anyway, if anyone is interested in joining us on the trail, we'd like to know about it!
    • By techguy82
      Weather should be awesome, thinking of taking the day off to go ride rampart or something else close Friday. I'm not one to go riding by myself so if anyone is thinking about it let me know! My usual riding buddy has plans.
    • By firemountain
      Spring is almost here and I was wondering if anyone has been by pipestone... How is the snow looking?? MTDOT pass web cam is down so I could not get a visual on the snowpack. is the lower area still a bit wet or is it starting to dry up a bit. Looks like we have some really good weather this week. I think I am going to head there this saturday to check it out but if anyone has any updates post them here.
      Also, last year was my first year there and we only hit it in the late fall. We really liked the area and were able to go 4 or 5 times. If you are a regular shout out and lets go riding.... I plan on spending a lot of time there this year.