Sign in to follow this  

Stock Brake Lever

So I need a new brake lever on my 13' Kx250f, but I can't find one online anywhere, I already accidentally ordered the 2004-2012 version once lol

Stock on the left

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1391908113.225072.jpg

Anyone know where I can track one down?

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1391908202.175505.jpg

Edited by Breaky0self

Have you tried E Bay ?

Yes, that's always my first stop, and were I bought the wrong one, a lot of them on there say they will work for a 2013 but they are incorrect. I guess kawi changed it for 13+

So I ended up just taking the new (wrong) lever I purchased, combined it with the old broken one and I'm now back in business. I didn't even know you could do that!

So I ended up just taking the new (wrong) lever I purchased, combined it with the old broken one and I'm now back in business. I didn't even know you could do that!

Sorry I just saw this, you need a yamaha lever. Yamaha lever is same as new 13-14 style kx lever.....

Sorry I just saw this, you need a yamaha lever. Yamaha lever is same as new 13-14 style kx lever.....

Oh nice, at least I know for the future, thanks for the reply!

Oh nice, at least I know for the future, thanks for the reply!

yeah no problem, been there in that situation myself....

Havent actually been inside the 13-14 master cylinder yet to see what the internals are like, but i'm fairly certain its the same just a different actuator (has a ball on the end) which is the same thing the yamaha uses. was in a pinch at the races and the yamaha lever fit perfect. I'd like to try and update my 11 to the same actuator as the 13-14, because my 13 kx450 front brake performs WAY better than the old style on my 11 kx250f... oversize rotor on both, 11 has had master rebuilt, new fluid multiple times, and stainless line... still not as good as the new style...