not charging

with motor running im only getting 13. 2 volts. battery with motor off is 12.85. its not keeping up with the draw. can I take it for a ride and maybe pull the head light bulb or something?..Is my stator bad?. Kicking it can be a bit a beatch. What do I look for? My ground is good.

Edited by realfun1

Put it on a tender overnight and check it again

Put it on a tender overnight and check it again

this is a problem that has been on going. I have a new battery. It goes weak real fast. I rode it today to break in motor. But I had to kick start and u know how that is. If I disconnect headlight will that help? Will that hurt anything.

Disconnecting the headlight won't hurt anything.

Perhaps you have a parisitic draw on the battery.

You should test with a meter between the chassis ground and the battery ground to see if you are drawing any current.

Disconnecting the headlight won't hurt anything.

Perhaps you have a parisitic draw on the battery.

You should test with a meter between the chassis ground and the battery ground to see if you are drawing any current.

what about the low voltage charge with motor running.

The headlight has no effect...unless you are running aftermarket DC powered set up.

The 13.2 V you are reading while running...is that at idle or at Higher rpms?

The headlight has no effect...unless you are running aftermarket DC powered set up.

The 13.2 V you are reading while running...is that at idle or at Higher rpms?

ok just ran numbers again. Battery has been on charger all night. Head light DISCONNECTED. Batt with motor off 13.25 . Motor on reving motor it's @ almost 14.0 those number are normal

ok just ran numbers again. Battery has been on charger all night. Head light DISCONNECTED. Batt with motor off 13.25 . Motor on reving motor it's @ almost 14.0 those number are normal

That all sounds good. Formula is BV< CV< 15.5V.

Plugging in your numbers 13.25V < 14.0V < 15.5V.

All seems good...:)