Sign in to follow this  

CRF70 Air box and filter

I just got a CRF70 for my son.  I removed the air filter and saw its packed full of hay and the filter has been torn up.  So before I order a new filter I thought I'd see if there is a popular aftermarket air filter unit that you guys are using.  Mainly because the stock filter box looks very constrictive and it takes too much fiddling to remove it to quickly clean it.

Anyone?   Thanks!

I just got a CRF70 for my son.  I removed the air filter and saw its packed full of hay and the filter has been torn up.  So before I order a new filter I thought I'd see if there is a popular aftermarket air filter unit that you guys are using.  Mainly because the stock filter box looks very constrictive and it takes too much fiddling to remove it to quickly clean it.

Anyone?   Thanks!

any UNI type camp on filter with a one inch holes works great.  Sounds like some mice got up there and made a home.  For seem reason they always seem to find the airbox.

Actually, the stock XR/CRF70 carb uses a 1-1/4" UNI pod filter, part number UP-4125ST, and the angled one is part number UP-4125AST

Actually, the stock XR/CRF70 carb uses a 1-1/4" UNI pod filter, part number UP-4125ST, and the angled one is part number UP-4125AST

You're like my third grade teacher...always checking my work  :thumbsup:  the one inch is for the 50  :cheers:

If you can get this at the current price, this is a steal for a straight filter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CRF70-CRF-70-High-Flow-Air-Filter-1997-2011-UNI-UP-4125ST-/221368577970?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item338a986fb2&vxp=mtr