Looking to buy a new 250f. Stay away from?

Is there a new bike I should stay away from? I've heard Suzukis have problems from the factory?

ha, I was gunna recommend the new Suzuki.

Well then.

????

My friend got the new one and it shattered the crank within 3 weeks. I've been looking at them though

Yamaha. Won MotoUSA's 2014 250f shootout. Seems like a good bike all around.

You really can't go wrong with any of the new bikes. Personally, I'd stay away from KTM. A friend of mine has a '13 and is already selling it. He hates it. Would rather ride his 06 cr125. I have a '13 YZ 250f and love it. Honestly, you can't go wrong with the new '14 YZ. Much better than my '13. With how much I like my bike now, I can't imagine having  Honda looks like they have a good bike as well as Kawasaki. I'd just stay away from KTM and probably Suzuki

Yamaha. Won MotoUSA's 2014 250f shootout. Seems like a good bike all around.

But I saw a video on you tube that the 2014 yz lost drag race to a pw50!

They all have slightly different feels to them due to different frame geometry, so it's a lot to do with personal preference. From my experiences though, a KTM will ride hard past the finish line and into the garage while the Honda will come in second place but will be at the gate again for round two. I'm also not big on Suzuki.

I don't know, there's a lot of brand bias to it, just like trucks. You'll never see a Ford diehard make a positive comment about a guy's Dodge just like you'll never see a Kawasaki guy suggest you buy a Yamaha.

some of you guys in this forum are f'ing idiots!!! Just because you personally dont like some brand, because you "heard" or "read" some bullshit on the internet, or a friend of a friend crap, does not give you the right to publicly trash brand x or y. Personally,  I think even the question from the op was an idiot move, and nothing more than a blatant troll

some of you guys in this forum are f'ing idiots!!! Just because you personally dont like some brand, because you "heard" or "read" some bullshit on the internet, or a friend of a friend crap, does not give you the right to publicly trash brand x or y. Personally, I think even the question from the op was an idiot move, and nothing more than a blatant troll

99% percent of you are complete stuck up dick heads thank you for proving that point. I was just saying my friend bought a Suzuki and the motor exploded within 3 weeks? Why the hell would I want to take the chance for that to happen? I don't give two shits if you think this is a dumb post don't &%$#@!ing read it then damn

some of you guys in this forum are f'ing idiots!!! Just because you personally dont like some brand, because you "heard" or "read" some bullshit on the internet, or a friend of a friend crap, does not give you the right to publicly trash brand x or y. Personally, I think even the question from the op was an idiot move, and nothing more than a blatant troll

Actually no. We just all have experience with different things. At the tracks I race at, no one is happy with their KTM's. They say "throw a $100 bill into the fire, if you don't care and it doesn't bother you, then buy a KTM". In my comment, I said I'd stay away from KTM. Only because I've hear most people don't like them. Just about everything on thumpertalk is opinionated. Just deal with it. There isn't a real answer to which bike is the BEST. Its up to you personally. So when this question is asked, you need to expect an opinionated answer, only because there's no REAL answer. Edited by cgirouard423

the suzukis are fine.  a riding buddy has one.  he rides it very hard and it  shows no signs of any problems.   

some of you guys in this forum are f'ing idiots!!! Just because you personally dont like some brand, because you "heard" or "read" some bullshit on the internet, or a friend of a friend crap, does not give you the right to publicly trash brand x or y. Personally,  I think even the question from the op was an idiot move, and nothing more than a blatant troll

Some years models have some common problems and it is not need to don't like brand or smth. but it obviously that bikes have some problematic points like pistons, valves etc. and maybe it is better to choice another brand, but i think since they are new they all good enuogh and those problems that comes early most are coincidences.

Many problems are due to neglect. I would ask if a motor blew up in three weeks, why didnt it do it on the first day? Did the buddy run it out of oil, had the guy changed oil several times already?

I am a Yamaha kind of guy, but i am also not going to tell someone that i dont know that it is the best bike for them. The Suzuki has historically been the easiest to turn. The Honda has never had the best of any one component, but the whole package works wonderfully together and the '10 (my latest experience with a Crf250) feels very small, which is an awesome trait if you are only 5'-7" like i am. I know jack about the Kawi, but it is pretty obvious that many guys can make them go quite fast. The Yamahas prior to '10 were pretty stable, but that meant they would be reluctant to turn, but 10-13 were basically the same bikes, with a larger carburetor. Carbs are not a bad thing, smaller ones are also not bad, typically giving great bottom and mid power, but soft on top, when they quit breathing. 14 is the biggest update Yamaha has made to their 250f since they practically invented the class in 2001.

What are your strong points and where do you need help in your skills? That is where i would look for a bike that is perfect for you.

Oh, Honda has terrible heads, but that is just my opinion. Lol

I'm also 5'7" haha and I love the way a honda sits. Yeah he changes the oil and he didn't ride everyday for 3 weeks so let's say within 5 or 6 rides it blew up

Why the hell would I want to take the chance for that to happen? I don't give two shits if you think this is a dumb post don't &%$#@!ing read it then damn

You're buying a high performance race bike with no warranty off the factory floor. Whichever colour you buy, you're taking that risk. There's too many factors for one of your buddies bikes blowing up for that to be relevant to really anyone. Was he looking after it? Was it a simple defect in the parts? Was he riding it hard? Did he let it overheat or run out of oil? Did he hit something? There's no way of knowing so although you don't beleive buying a Suzuki is smart, if we all bought bikes based on the stories we hear, not one of us would own anything because that happens with every colour. I hate the die hard manufacturer guys, they're all pretty near the same in every way, pick the best shape one or the one you can get the best price off the showroom floor, bring it home and play around with it to get it to suit you. The end.

PS, swearing and getting mad on an online forum just makes you look bad. 

You're buying a high performance race bike with no warranty off the factory floor. Whichever colour you buy, you're taking that risk. There's too many factors for one of your buddies bikes blowing up for that to be relevant to really anyone. Was he looking after it? Was it a simple defect in the parts? Was he riding it hard? Did he let it overheat or run out of oil? Did he hit something? There's no way of knowing so although you don't beleive buying a Suzuki is smart, if we all bought bikes based on the stories we hear, not one of us would own anything because that happens with every colour. I hate the die hard manufacturer guys, they're all pretty near the same in every way, pick the best shape one or the one you can get the best price off the showroom floor, bring it home and play around with it to get it to suit you. The end.

PS, swearing and getting mad on an online forum just makes you look bad.

telling me I am a idiot because of a question I asked is not reason to get mad?

99% percent of you are complete stuck up dick heads thank you for proving that point. I was just saying my friend bought a Suzuki and the motor exploded within 3 weeks? Why the hell would I want to take the chance for that to happen? I don't give two shits if you think this is a dumb post don't &%$#@!ing read it then damn

I'm with 717 on this.....

Sucks to hear your buddies bike blew apart but frankly we know nothing on how it was treated. He could have been holding wide open, with the original oil and filter in and it blew apart. It doesn't make the bike less reliable....

Everything has to be taken objectively when it comes to "other" people's experiences. The best experience usually comes from the people that own them personally though....

how did the Suzuki dealership deal with your friend?

I'd still buy a new RMZ.