09 Wr Mega bomb vs power bomb

Yes tried seaching. I do only trail ride and some harescrambles. Whats the difference in power and where

Megabomb >> Hit Bottom, Broaden Top

Powerbomb >> Broaden Bottom, Hit Top

This a quote from another forum from a guy who claims to work for FMF Racing:

"Powerbomb header is more revolved for mid range to top end power gains as well as broadening out the bottom end power. Typically someone who runs our Powerbomb either likes to carry out a longer gear and/or has motor work which is specially catered to bottom end power. A lot of our desert and off road guys use the Powerbomb.
The Megabomb is definitely our most popular with the motocross/supercross community as it offers a big low end to mid range hit as well as broadening out that mid to top end power range. 90% of our top teams like Rockstar/Yamaha/MyPlash, Rockstar KTM formerly Rockstar Suzuki, and Orange Brigade guys use the Megabomb as they feel it is more responsive off the low end and offers a nicer more aggressive hit for them."

I've read a ton on this and a lot of guys claim the difference between the 2 is minimal and will not be appreciated by the average rider. I've only rode the Powerbomb.

I have the Megabomb and Q4 on 2 bikes.  I bought them over the Powerbomb because of more volume.  Noticeably quieter with Megabomb and Q4 vs stock header and Q4.  Hard to tell a power gain but with the bike being quieter I am more willing to use what's there.  

Megabomb is faster at pulling money out of your wallet.  

The mega bomb burned 2 sets of riding pants on me.

Thanks guys. I just bought a 09 WR250F it has the megabomb on it now with a 290 kit. I also own a 04 wr250 with a powerbomb on it . I think ill keep it on there

Yamaha made sold a headerpipe with a resonance chamber on it with a carbon fiber heat shield that really works nicely and doesn't burn your pants but their hard to find.

It pulls better off the bottom and is quieter.

Is it worth the extra $60 to get the titanium megabomb or is stainless steel the way to go? I don't mind spending the cash if is noticeably stronger to hold up to crashes. There is an abundance of the stainless steel megabombs on eBay. Also, does anybody have a source for me to purchase a combo deal to include a Q4 for $500 or less new? Anybody have a used set in decent shape? Please respond to all questions if possible.

Is it worth the extra $60 to get the titanium megabomb or is stainless steel the way to go? I don't mind spending the cash if is noticeably stronger to hold up to crashes. There is an abundance of the stainless steel megabombs on eBay. Also, does anybody have a source for me to purchase a combo deal to include a Q4 for $500 or less new? Anybody have a used set in decent shape? Please respond to all questions if possible.

The Titanium is lighter in weight than the stainless. The stainless is stronger. You decide based on your riding needs.

Regards,

BillD

Thank you for the input. I am definitely looking for durability so I guess stainless steel is the way to go. I guess I would have to find a stainless steel FMF Q4 to go with that. I need to be quiet.

I just bought the megabomb with a Factory 4.1 silencer. Great combo. It is quiet and deep but still lets the bike breathe better than stock. I cannot say for sure if it helped in the performance department but I feel as though it has more ass behind it. Could be the added teeth on the rear sprocket too...hard to say