Things you've learned the hard way

I think mine would be to never grab the front brake real hard and to always take a slow rum of a track/trail before pinning it on it. What's yours?

I learned the redneck bet, usually started with I bet ya can't ride your bike out of a moving truck!

Ended in a severe g out and brushed ankles and sprained wrist!

Also don't launch into a pickup on a bet! Unless you want a bowed bed and missing back window!

Stop speeding....there's always a cop around and you really don't get there much sooner.

Stop speeding....there's always a cop around and you really don't get there much sooner.

+1. You never know where they are...

+1. You never know where they are...

lol....see what I mean!!

That no matter how slow you are going, or if you're even just puttin around the front yard. At least put on a helmet and jeans. When I was 9 years old and a beginner rider. I was just going to ride my bike literally 50 feet to my garage. My hand slipped off the clutch and I scraped my knee on the side of the railroad ties my bike was leaning against. I was wearing shorts, and yes I got a lot of splinters and a nasty wood version of road rash. At least I didn't drop the bike. Now I always throw on all my gear before I even put a leg over my bike.

Edited by THE.CRF.RIDER

lol....see what I mean!!

Lol

I learned to not squeeze the front brake too hard by flipping over the bars into a berm, sprained both my wrists & was snoring on the ground.

I still get mad fun of for the sounds I was making... I remember nothing from that day

I learned to not squeeze the front brake too hard by flipping over the bars into a berm, sprained both my wrists & was snoring on the ground.

I still get mad fun of for the sounds I was making... I remember nothing from that day

i think not to squeeze the front brake too hard is the first thing everyone learns.

Don't let anybody ride your bike.  The guy that wants to take it for a spin will have something to prove.  Your bike will get thrashed, laid down or wrecked.  

Don't let anybody ride your bike. The guy that wants to take it for a spin will have something to prove. Your bike will get thrashed, laid down or wrecked.

+1

Don't ride towards headlights at night on a pit bike and think the path is clear to the car and go both knees first into a single pole across the track. That I'd forgotten about.

Never wear shorts just because it's hot, I burnt a hole in my leg with the exhaust. Not such a great idea. :/

Loose gravel on corners will make your head slap the ground!

It's been said many times  before but "the throttle works both ways".

Trees DO NOT move.

Edited by BoxcarWilly

I learned to the value of money the hard way.....

Unfortunately many many people will never learn though....

I learned to the value of money the hard way.....

Unfortunately many many people will never learn though....

I thought for sure you were going to say something about the Lectron carb :)

I thought for sure you were going to say something about the Lectron carb :)

Already had my rant on the other thread...

That I'm stronger than I thought. The stripped bolt proved that multiple times already.