Supercross JS7's Confidence Back?

Any Thoughts on his win at Qualcomm, San Diego?

To me he looked no different than he did at A1 and Oakland.  At Phx, A2/3, they seemed to have issues with the bike...specifically the rear coming out of corners.  James kept losing the rear on throttle and had to settle for what he could get without putting it on the dirt.   After A3...JS was pissed that they again missed the set up.  I would bet they worked hard this week to get the bike working a little better.  Perhaps they compromised the set up to favor corners...and that is why he was a little sketch in the whoops.  There are no free lunches in set up.  You dial for the whoops...and you lose the corners.  Seems like they nailed a good balance tonight.

Edited by Blutarsky

To me he looked no different than he did at A1 and Oakland.  At Phx, A2/3, they seemed to have issues with the bike...specifically the rear coming out of corners.  James kept losing the rear on throttle and had to settle for what he could get without putting it on the dirt.   After A3...JS was pissed that they again missed the set up.  I would bet they worked hard this week to get the bike working a little better.  Perhaps they compromised the set up to favor corners...and that is why he was a little sketch in the whoops.  There are no free lunches in set up.  You dial for the whoops...and you lose the corners.  Seems like they nailed a good balance tonight.

Yea i'm glad he pulled through have been looking forward to him winning especially when i had went to A3 last week but he still has some catching up to do considering he is 4th in points kind of don't want villipoto to win another one haha...

To me he looked no different than he did at A1 and Oakland. At Phx, A2/3, they seemed to have issues with the bike...specifically the rear coming out of corners. James kept losing the rear on throttle and had to settle for what he could get without putting it on the dirt. After A3...JS was pissed that they again missed the set up. I would bet they worked hard this week to get the bike working a little better. Perhaps they compromised the set up to favor corners...and that is why he was a little sketch in the whoops. There are no free lunches in set up. You dial for the whoops...and you lose the corners. Seems like they nailed a good balance tonight.

Are you related to Tye by chance?

• Like 5

He has stayed upright more than RV and RD...and the same as CR...so what is your point?  With the guys pushing each other like this...they are going down. The only guy who has really stayed upright is KR.

• Like 1

Are you related to Tye by chance?

LOL...good one.  But people WITH credibility noted the same thing.  DV tweeted during Phx for instance...that the back of JSs bike did not look good.  You could see it at A3 again...on that one really tight inside line.  He would nearly fishtail on the gas.  Sorry for noting things that anyone could observe. Tonight...he looked like he could turn down exiting the corners...but a bit sketch at the end of the whoops...and that dragons back step of looked like disaster waiting to happen.  But he held it together.

Edited by Blutarsky

JS has said he was sick for weeks and finally feeling better last week.   Being sick might have slowed him and shown him, slower is faster in the points race.

JS and RV both seem to be riding a bit more conservative this year.   You can't win the championship in the first few races, but you can wipe out your season.

Dungey is being more aggressive.   The world seems balanced.   Go figure.

• Like 1

He has stayed upright more than RV and RD...and the same as CR...so what is your point?  With the guys pushing each other like this...they are going down. The only guy who has really stayed upright is KR.

Your Bubba Goggles never fail Blu.... His position in the points reflects pretty clearly how well he has stayed upright vs. the points leaders.....

• Like 4

Your Bubba Goggles never fail Blu.... His position in the points reflects pretty clearly how well he has stayed upright vs. the points leaders.....

How many times has James been on the dirt in heats and mains?  What about RD and RV....?  KR is the one who has kept it off...because he probably feels no pressure to push it beyond the limit.  Just like I said.  If JSs bike is not broken/bent at A1..and RV's was, from his fall..the points look a lot different.  James has been riding well.  I still say 4 wins this year, 2nd in the championship behind your man crush RV.  I am not going to spout of nonsensical things like 'James is going down any moment'...and how he crashes ever race, when he has actually been riding pretty darn consistent since he got on the Zook.  I still think RV is too far ahead in the points...unless he screws up and crashes.

A couple things I noticed tonight which surprised me.  That flat corner. Stew actually had RV matched there.  That has not been the case in the past.  RV is the flat corner master.  Also...that pass on RV which took 3 corners...against the guy who is generally considered the best guy in the corners.  That was solid.  Most of the times RV got up on James was when James made mistakes.  They looked pretty evenly matched in speed.  James just pounced early, got the lead...then never screwed up.  Also...JS turned his fastest lap...on lap 16...which put it in the bag.  RV seemed to settle for 2nd after lap 17.  Stew and RV both like the grippier tracks, so it will be interesting to see how they stack up from here out.    

Edited by Blutarsky
  • Like 2

How many times has James been on the dirt in heats and mains? What about RD and RV....? KR is the one who has kept it off...because he probably feels no pressure to push it beyond the limit. Just like I said. If JSs bike is not broken/bent at A1..and RV's was, from his fall..the points look a lot different. James has been riding well. I still say 4 wins this year, 2nd in the championship behind your man crush RV. I am not going to spout of nonsensical things like 'James is going down any moment'...and how he crashes ever race, when he has actually been riding pretty darn consistent since he got on the Zook. I still think RV is too far ahead in the points...unless he screws up and crashes.

A couple things I noticed tonight which surprised me. That flat corner. Stew actually had RV matched there. That has not been the case in the past. RV is the flat corner master. Also...that pass on RV which took 3 corners...against the guy who is generally considered the best guy in the corners. That was solid. Most of the times RV got up on James was when James made mistakes. They looked pretty evenly matched in speed. James just pounced early, got the lead...then never screwed up. Also...JS turned his fastest lap...on lap 16...which put it in the bag. RV seemed to settle for 2nd after lap 17. Stew and RV both like the grippier tracks, so it will be interesting to see how they stack up from here out.

Ouch, one race and your spunking in your pants. Stack up..... whaaaaaaaat. After Arlington there is going to be no stacking up with these two riders... that's when reality is guna sink it.

• Like 3

He won . For all the trash talk about JS his results really speaks for itself. Really it's great to see Stewart win after so many talk so much shit on how over the hill he is and crap. ..RV didn't beat him and he was right there. ..Bubba was riding nice and smooth too.  Great racing this season .. everyone is pushing each other to the edge..  Too bad about C Reed. That was a bad crash.. and Nicoletti getting his head run into was scary to watch. I guess he was ok enough to race well later..  I see no one is here talking about how shitty JS is.. Well if some do they sure look stupid. 

http://www.fullnoise.com.au/news/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_full&news_id=16701&Ntitle=Supercross:+James+Stewart+Captures+First+Main+Event+Win+of+the+Year

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

James... Chad....... who would have picked that these guys would be trending topics on these forums this year.

Thumbs up for JS7 though.. another contender and we are six down, eleven to go.

• Like 2

He won . For all the trash talk about JS his results really speaks for itself. Really it's great to see Stewart win after so many talk so much shit on how over the hill he is and crap. ..RV didn't beat him and he was right there. ..Bubba was riding nice and smooth too. Great racing this season .. everyone is pushing each other to the edge.. Too bad about C Reed. That was a bad crash.. and Nicoletti getting his head run into was scary to watch. I guess he was ok enough to race well later.. I see no one is here talking about how shitty JS is.. Well if some do they sure look stupid.

http://www.fullnoise.com.au/news/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_full&news_id=16701&Ntitle=Supercross:+James+Stewart+Captures+First+Main+Event+Win+of+the+Year

See? Exactly as predicted. James has a good night and your swinging begins in earnest. If you don't have permanent fixation on his balls, where were you and your comments when he finished 7th? You can't be any more predictable. He has had a good run so far, so did Chad, but if you doubt for one second that his Chad moment is coming you're only lying to yourself.

• Like 4

:confused: He's 6 points behind CR and 12 behind Roczen... He's in a pretty good position if you ask me. RV has the championship under control as predicted, which bodes well for me and poorly for BBA. :lol:

Edited by BDubb106
  • Like 3

:confused: He's 6 points behind CR and 12 behind Roczen... He's in a pretty good position if you ask me. RV has the championship under control as predicted, which bodes well for me and poorly for BBA. :lol:

Yep, One bad race out of Villopoto and he will see himself where stewart and reed are. 

Yep, One bad race out of Villopoto and he will see himself where stewart and reed are. 

Exactly... the only guy that is having a "disappointing" season seems to be Dungey. The only shot he has is a catastrophic event where the top 5 get knocked out of the championship.

• Like 2

Exactly... the only guy that is having a "disappointing" season seems to be Dungey. The only shot he has is a catastrophic event where the top 5 get knocked out of the championship.

and Barcia, sadly. 

• Like 1

and Barcia, sadly. 

True.

RD is riding the same AFAICT there is just a lot of competition and he depends on attrition. BamBam though just does not seem as well prepared as he has been in seasons past IMHO.