Sign in to follow this  

87' xr600 twin carb rear shock help

Don't know if anybody can help but I have a lovely twin carb and I love it it runs great and never disappoints, I have a 2008 rm250 front end on it which is great but the rear shock is like a marshmallow, I'm 16 stone and whenever I try to put the power down the back end sags like hell, the shock on there has the remote reservoir with the 'soft/hard' clicker wheel on it and even at hardest setting it is soft as shit... The shock isn't leaking though so I want to get it serviced and potentially revalved but I was hoping somebody might be able to point me in the right direction of a decent spring... I haven't had the shock off yet to inspect the spring size but doesn't anyone know of any stiffer spring that would fit off an existing bike or even somebody who makes a brand new one that would fit? Any help greatly appreciated thanks Delimage.jpg

Don't know if anybody can help but I have a lovely twin carb and I love it it runs great and never disappoints, I have a 2008 rm250 front end on it which is great but the rear shock is like a marshmallow, I'm 16 stone and whenever I try to put the power down the back end sags like hell, the shock on there has the remote reservoir with the 'soft/hard' clicker wheel on it and even at hardest setting it is soft as shit... The shock isn't leaking though so I want to get it serviced and potentially revalved but I was hoping somebody might be able to point me in the right direction of a decent spring... I haven't had the shock off yet to inspect the spring size but doesn't anyone know of any stiffer spring that would fit off an existing bike or even somebody who makes a brand new one that would fit? Any help greatly appreciated thanks Delattachicon.gifimage.jpg

+1.

I have seen that eibach do a spring for the 88-89 models but do they have the same size spring as the 85-87?...

Possibly? Doubt it though 600s and 650s I Believe had a slightly larger spring.

alright ducky it turns out an early xl600 shock would probably go in there but by the time youve bought the shock, had it rebuilt and replaced the spring itd probably cost you more than just getting the existing shock rebuilt, I spoke to a bloke who sed hed do me a full rebuild all seals and new oil and gas refill for £100...