MSRP vs. Actual Price Paid...?

Hey all,

Just curious what everyone's been paying for new bikes.  Are the dealers expecting to get MSRP or close?  For those who bought new, what kind of deals have you all been getting? 

Local dealers here in AZ seem to only advertise MSRP.  Is this what people are paying? I find it hard to believe anyone is paying the same price ($7.5Kish) for a leftover '13 as a '14...

Thanks,

Kevin

Some dealers sell at cost just so the don't get stuck with the bike the next year and take a loss. And make up the money with parts and service. Just call around to dealers and get a price. Why I do is look for the last years model left Over save about 2 grand. Same with cars

Some dealers sell at cost just so the don't get stuck with the bike the next year and take a loss. And make up the money with parts and service. Just call around to dealers and get a price. Why I do is look for the last years model left Over save about 2 grand. Same with cars

Kinda assumed there was wiggle room, but was surprised to see all of them showing MSRP pricing in all their ads.  Looks funny when they have ads showing 2013 and 2014 bikes for the exact same price...  Usually with cars, you will see an online or Internet (fleet) price or can even use something like truecar.com to get some specifics around what the averages are.  I wasn't able to find anything similar for bikes...

I rode in montrose co. Last sept. They had a 13 kx 450 for 63. I bought my 12 yz450 last year for 65. There's a lot of dealers that get rid of them cheaper when the next year comes out. Just half to pick up the phone and call dealers. I'm n ok. There's a a few here the do that. Like I said n co. That one there did it to

Just picked up a new leftover 13 kx450f a couple weeks ago for $5,900 + taxes, reg, etc. Could have gone to Pennsylvania to avoid the tax but my local dealer in WNY is run by some good guys.. Worth it in the long run for sure.

I guess it depends what margins the individual dealer is working on, high turnover with low profit margins seems to be the way larger stealers operate ....

Edited by Craigo 485sm

And on the kx 450 there's no difference between the 13-14