2012 CRF250X

Hey all,

Just picked up a new old stock 2012 CRF250X. I looked at the chain and see that it has a rivet style master link installed. What clip style master link will work with the stock chain. I want to have a few for my back pack while out riding.

Thanks,

Dan

photo.JPG

if it is stock with the rivet type link then leave it alone you wont need spare links my 2013 crf250x has done over

60 race hrs on the standard chain with no problems at all.

Hey all,

Just picked up a new old stock 2012 CRF250X. I looked at the chain and see that it has a rivet style master link installed. What clip style master link will work with the stock chain. I want to have a few for my back pack while out riding.

Thanks,

Dan

Stock chain is not a bad piece of equipment.  Keep it until its time to replace and then just cut it off. Just ensure you change out chain and sprockets together and not just one item between those three.

I plan on keeping the chain. The question was, what clip style master link will work on the stock chain. They look narrow. Just in case it breaks while out on the trail. So, will a non "O" ring clip style 520 work or do I have to get a "O" ring style clip?

Thanks,

Dan

Unless your planning on carrying a small chain breaker with in your tool bag your biggest problem will not be the broken chain or correct master link.

You still have to remove the other side of the broken chain that's still riveted to field fit a masterlink.

The stock chain is a DID 520MXV, it's a O-Ring chain so you'll need to get a same or similar width model masterlink to fit correctly. CRF's run narrower chains to clear the casing behind the front sprocket.

Broken chain, you planning on riding up a volcano :huh: never broke a chain in all the years I've been riding, probably not ridden hard enough :D

Edited by Van Wick

BTW your header in the pic looks awesome, almost Ti looking. Caused by the cold whether I assume?

Edited by Van Wick