Opinions please.

Sorry if this doesn't go here.

After being off a bike for about 5 years i bought a 06 yz125 to build for single track.

Took it to a 144.. And my usual woods set up. Loved the bike. Due to work i could only ride about once a month..sometimes 1 every 2-3 months.

Anyway last summer i started to ride every weekend.

But my hands would fall asleep within the first 5 mins.and the ride would just suck for the rest of the day.

Had the bike for 3 -4 years..

So i ended up selling the bike.[due to other reasons].

Now i want to buy another.

But i can't deal with my hards falling asleep and getting arm pump.

Is their anything i can do?

Would going to a 4 banger help?

What do you all think?

I think the thumpers are easier to ride, less vibration. The Flexx bars greatly help in dulling the vibrations in my smokers.

That said, have ya played with different bar bends, adjustments, heights, etc?  Often times the 'angles' are the problem.

Edited by Slackkinhard

Check the health and fitness forum here on TT for the Carpal Tunnel discussion. Pretty good info there about this very thing.

I think the thumpers are easier to ride, less vibration. The Flexx bars greatly help in dulling the vibrations in my smokers.

That said, have ya played with different bar bends, adjustments, heights, etc?  Often times the 'angles' are the problem.

Tried a few different bars but mostly the same bends.

Didn't seem to me that the yz had alot of vibration..compared to my cr's.

Seems as though i can ride my wife's Wolverine 450 all day and get very little buzz on my hands.

I have the stock bars on it.

but to be honest once i buy another bike i really can't justify spending 80 to 100 bucks to try out new bars..

Check the health and fitness forum here on TT for the Carpal Tunnel discussion. Pretty good info there about this very thing.

Thanks ill check it out.

Tried a few different bars but mostly the same bends.

Didn't seem to me that the yz had alot of vibration..compared to my cr's.

Seems as though i can ride my wife's Wolverine 450 all day and get very little buzz on my hands.

I have the stock bars on it.

but to be honest once i buy another bike i really can't justify spending 80 to 100 bucks to try out new bars..

I'd advise you to find a way. There are some bar bends that don't bother me if I go rip a moto, but 2hrs on the trail and I can't feel my fingers. It don't take much to pinch off some blood flow, or some nerve endings, or whatever is going on in there that causes the issues...but my experience has been that a slightly different bend or a change in rise, offset, etc all can seem unnoticeable at first, but be all the difference in comfort.  For example, your Wolverine...it's not the bike.

Another expensive way to go might be those new composite bars...

Edited by Slackkinhard

yz250f, smother ride, no arm pump and more power than the 125. youll love it

Numb hands with tingles is carpal, you need surgery for that, go get it checked out.  Ever since I had my hands done I don't have numb hands.  I still have grip issues & the flex bars are good, I have a set of twisted engineering bars on the way so if you want to buy my flex bars shoot me a PM.  The best thing I have found for armp pump & I am being serious, compression sleeves.  got a compression shirt & that helped even more since chest, shoulders, core now had compression.  Gonna try some compression pants to.  I read about it in the Health section, happened to see a pair of compression sleeves when I was buying some gym shoes & they are best 10 bucks I have ever spent on arm issues.  Since you ride woods, a stabilizer is another excellent investment

Guys great feed back so far thanks!

As far as bar bend..i never thought of that. I always used the bar bend that i ran when i rode mx.

I have a really hard time trying to change bar bends.I had a pair of renthal fat bars that came on my yzf400 loved the bars but i have no idea what bend they were.

Now i just need to pick out a new ride and start from there.

http://www.racerxvt.com/article/arm-pump

Boils down to as they say....nutrition, hydration, riding relaxed, and not death gripping. I mean it can be hard not to squeeze, but ya have to try. It may or may not be similarly causing the numbness. To be honest, when I first got back into riding, my hands would go numb on the trail very quickly...even on a wr250f. However, as I rode more..that stopped happening. I did get arm pump pretty bad, but I found it was more towards the end of the season when the temperature was down quite a bit outside...not sure if there is a correlation, OR....was it at the same time...i was also getting fatter and more out of shape. I mean besides riding, I didnt work out at all...i ate like crap...and was drinking too often.

This year, I am going to be going into the season in a lot better shape, more hydrated, and down a bit of LBs. So I am curious to see the effect it has on arm pump. Been doing a lot of riding specific activity in the gym, including stuff to strengthen my legs for the bike squeeze. If this doesn't help alleviate arm pump...i give up! Nothin slows ya down more then the fear your hands are going to come off at any point...and you cant stop it. I whiskey throttled the crap out my bike last ride of the year because of it, scared the crap out of me, lmao.

Edited by J_YZ2fittyF

I suffer from carpel tunnel from being a tradesman for 20+ years. My hands would fall asleep all the time in 5min on my 450x till I added a few items.

First and most important vibranators.

Second was ODI rouge grips

And lastly Flexx bars

Since then the numbness has almost gone away. I think the Flexx bars contributed the least help. The vibranators helped the most and the fatter grips helped a lot too.

Now I just need to get in better shape and stop smoking and it should all b ok.

Delete

Edited by ridngslikecrack

I use Nutrition , Anti vibe inserts and Scotts Damper .

Fat grips, tall rise and minimal pullback. The other thing I do it to 'drum' my fingers on the levers while riding. Helps keep the hands loose and relaxed.