Sign in to follow this  

Best Beta Mod

Had my 14 250rr a few weeks now and I could just not shake the arm pump, in the tight stuff my arms would be pumped until I warmed up. I was kinda putting it down to the clutch pull been hard as I had a 13 Berg with the DDS clutch before this bike. Anyway I ordered up the Midwest easy pull lever and it works! Went out today 0 arm pump and 1 finger clutch pull all day, It does take a bit of getting use to as the lever a bit further away and to pop over logs is a bit different. I would recommend this on all Beta's if you are finding you are getting a bit of arm pump as the clutch pull is a bit heaver than a kato. 

Edited by Neomxdave

Had my 14 250rr a few weeks now and I could just not shake the arm pump, in the tight stuff my arms would be pumped until I warmed up. I was kinda putting it down to the clutch pull been hard as I had a 13 Berg with the DDS clutch before this bike. Anyway I ordered up the Midwest easy pull lever and it works! Went out today 0 arm pump and 1 finger clutch pull all day, It does take a bit of getting use to as the lever a bit further away and to pop over logs is a bit different. I would recommend this on all Beta's if you are finding you are getting a bit of arm pump as the clutch pull is a bit heaver than a kato. 

I'm guessing it's this. I never saw this before. Thanks for posting.

http://www.midwestme.com/pages/productinfo.html

Yup that's the lever.

The standard Kato brembo lever is the one, not the Ktm 350 lever. I also out Teflon tape under the perch clamp so if I drop the bike the clutch will move without breaking the lever.

• Like 1

Shit man! I always thought the clutch pull was pretty light on these Beta's. What the hell, Why not make it lighter. What a bitchin' modification. Thanks guys. I think I'll will be getting one of these too!!!

• Like 1

Oh, never mind. All this excitement for nothing! There is no way in hell I will be getting rid of my ARC levers.

If most your gears and between 1st -4th you will like this lever, 4-6th stuff you won't notice it as much.

The Berg DDS clutch left me wanting a lighter pull and I got use to it and it works. Simple!

I have a DDS Berg and went the same route a few months ago, the 300 guys don't seem to notice the clutch pull much, but the 250 seems to.

Funny I thought this thread might be what was the best overall Beta mod.  I was going to say handguards. Actually I haven't had any issues with armpump so much but a better mod is a better mod. I also got some arc levers that I didn't put on yet on my Beta (used ebay) . The price was right but I'm not sure how much better it will be. I've not had problems with the stock levers.

The ARC levers have the best feel to them. I was all set to get the Beta Factory levers. Way too "boxy" feeling for my taste. 

I don't know how the 2 stroke Betas are as far as clutch hardness . I haven't heard of it being very hard and I don't have any issues with my Beta 525. Is this something extraordinary as compared to other 250 2 strokes? or is it just a mod to improve?...and the Beta 2t's are average but a better lever made life easier?... I have been using the stock Beta levers since new (09) and not had any problems at all except in the beginning when I overheated my bike in real tight riverbed stuff. .. but then the clutch just disappears anyway and there's no hard pull . There's just nothing...no pull.. and a floppy clutch lever. That's just when hydro clutches go away  when having some serious boiling over heating issues anyway. That happens on gasgas too... another reason to deal with overheating .  The Beta has a hydro clutch too right? It's nice that you report that the ARC levers have a better feel. I was ordering them thinking ok this is a good buy but really my levers work great and this is a waste of time. These new levers look nice though. I'll wait and see how everyone else that orders gives a review. After all I'll have 3 sets of levers for one bike if I buy one now.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

I was lucky enough to set on a few bikes in Dave's shop that had the different levers. I swear he is just like a drug dealer. You get on one his own bikes and get a "little taste", then your hooked! 

• Like 2

I have never met him, spoken on the phone, still spend $500 every time I speak to him. Lol

Latest order was a 2014 2t tank, new hand guards, clutch slave protector, clamp on grips, and fork breeders

Latest order was a 2014 2t tank, new hand guards, clutch slave protector, clamp on grips, and fork breeders

I spend a boatload of money at Daves. Hell, he even gets parts for my KTM and does top flight suspension tuning as well. The clamp on grips are sweet!! I have them on both Beta and KTM. On the left grip throw a few drops of red locktite under the clamping collar. Again, saw them on his bike then had to get me a few sets.

file_zpsbb05fb73.jpg

• Like 1

I really want to try the flex bars, but these Rekons are unbendable

Thanks for the locktite tip

I really want to try the flex bars, but these Rekons are unbendable

Thanks for the locktite tip

No sweat. The Flex bars are really old 1st generation ones. I sent bars to them for a rebuild and they only charged me like 25 bucks for parts. The stock Beta bars are working really good on my 520. Really strong for sure!!