Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Honda, the essence of a bitch slap

As a racing company no one comes close to Honda, no one. This year, in SX they are off, JB didn't develop as fast as his competition, ET and Trey Canard are hurt. It's cool to see other brands step up and throw bombs at the mighty Honda, but they all have a very long way to go.

• Like 1

As a racing company no one comes close to Honda, no one. This year, in SX they are off, JB didn't develop as fast as his competition, ET and Trey Canard are hurt. It's cool to see other brands step up and throw bombs at the mighty Honda, but they all have a very long way to go.

When was the last time "the mighty honda" was relevant in ama mx or sx? When Carmichael was riding? This year they are off? What about the nine years previous?

• Like 9

Canard=

Ya think?  Dang, I haven't heard much about him this year, don't know where he is at getting back on the line? :excuseme:

I think that little ginger has had some bad luck, but the boy's got speed...

Can there be 'too' stacked a field?  Nobody will get out of the 1st corner :)

Edited by Slackkinhard

Ya think? Dang, I haven't heard much about him this year, don't know where he is at getting back on the line? :excuseme:

I think that little ginger has had some bad luck, but the boy's got speed...

Can there be 'too' stacked a field? Nobody will get out of the 1st corner :)

I like Canard but I feel he's going the way of the great TP199. Mr Glass will become a great sensation with his Ronnie Mac BS and possibly be a great tester but his days are slowly counting down as the next great thing....

Unfortunately I won't miss Canard because well, he's never really been there....

• Like 8

As a racing company no one comes close to Honda, no one.

And when was the last time a rider on the mighty Honda won the SX championship?

It's been over a decade

• Like 5

I like Canard but I feel he's going the way of the great TP199. Mr Glass will become a great sensation with his Ronnie Mac BS and possibly be a great tester but his days are slowly counting down as the next great thing....

Unfortunately I won't miss Canard because well, he's never really been there....

I thought it was generally accepted that Albertson was Ronnie? 

• Like 1

Go on, hating on Honda, their long term record, market cap, racing history is second to none. Lately other companies are getting better, which is good for the fans as well as us consumers. Like I said though the other marcs have a long way to go. Honda was winning F1 races in the '60's, as are still involved at the top level of a lot of different types of racing.

Ya'll gonna hate Honda regardless, I'll just keep riding 'em.

• Like 1

It's hard for me to really discount Honda in the pro ranks, even though they haven't won a major 450 title in awhile. My reason being, look at how much red is in the field, as a whole. It's still probably the privateer's choice, in both classes. I'm not totally sure why, probably a number of reasons. But their 250 program is good, they won titles just last year and a great pipeline of up and comers. I do think there is something to Reed not liking the '13 CRF and possibly JB's lack of success, but that doesn't really change my view of the brand, as a whole. That being said, I feel like Kawasaki is the best pure race bikes out there, right now. Both classes, and Amatuer up to pro.

• Like 1

Go on, hating on Honda, their long term record, market cap, racing history is second to none. Lately other companies are getting better, which is good for the fans as well as us consumers. Like I said though the other marcs have a long way to go. Honda was winning F1 races in the '60's, as are still involved at the top level of a lot of different types of racing.

Ya'll gonna hate Honda regardless, I'll just keep riding 'em.

I'll hate on Honda til they roll a brand new smoker out :)

• Like 6

So much for the ole saying, "win races on Sunday, sell your products on Monday."

Yea, I think this kind of went out of MX in the '70's. However it's across all Motorsports. I sure people watching F1 and rooting for Sebastian Vettle don't rush out to buy Renaults. Heck I hope Ken Rocsen wins it all this year, but I'll still be riding my CRF's. When my money is on the line, I go with Honda.

I'll hate on Honda til they roll a brand new smoker out :)

When it makes financial sense, I'm sure they will.